This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible sale of my 1988 Alpineweiss 2.5 M3

I cannot believe the time has come to part with my car. As a member here for over 6 years this is a hard decision. But with unforeseen changes in income this may necessary. I will only consider my asking price or better. This car can be supported by Steve @ VAC as to the quality of the car and the modifications. Here is a list of what has been done to it.
    Year: 1988
    Model: M3
    Build Date: 7/87 , 88 model year
    Color: Alpineweiss- white
    Interior: Black, Cobra Imola race seats front with Schroth Harness on both seats, stock rear seat. Factory fronts go with the car.
    Suspension: Ground Control 700/550 and Ground Control Camber plates
    New Group N Bilstein shocks front and rear
    Rear Powerflex Bushings on sub-frame and Control arms with Bimmerworld rear camber kit. with new front wheel bearing on both sides.
    Wheels: Apex ARC-8 with Kumho tires 17" 235/40/17
    Track Wheels: Revolution 15x8 with Toyo R888 225/50/15
    Brakes: Stock + Hawk front race pads for track use, BimmerWorld Stainless Steel brake lines.
    Clutchmaster Stage 4 Clutch and Pressure Plate.
    Engine: 2.5 EVO spec engine, 11:1 CP pistons, adjustable cam gears, Schrick 284/278 cams, EVO oil pump(shimmed), new E36 chain tensioner, EVO valve springs, Evo air box, all new valve shims, and valve job.
    Iigo custom 2.5 chip
    EVO Hood seals and grills
    Exhaust: SuperSprint Race
    Milages: 211,000 Chassis, engine 20k.
    Redline fluids through out. 20/50 engine. 75/90 diff, and MTL Trans. All changed this month. This car IS maintained perfectly.
    So, I am opening the floor for offers -
    please send to me privately. It is important to me that this car go to a
    home that will keep it and enjoy it in the condition it is in today, not give it to your 16 year old daughter, do an engine
    swap or drop it on 18" wheels (I could do that if I felt it acceptable),
    etc. I have a dollar amount in mind although I know what it is worth,
    and equally important is its care, so please include that in your offer.
    $26,500 OBO I will listen to offers.
    Please I don't care to hear about the mileage making the price high, or other members degrading comments about the car. The car is in excellant condition. I am a BMWCCA Member and HPDE Chair, that should help in understanding the quality of the car.
    Last edited by StevesAlpine; 10-01-2011, 12:04 PM.
    "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

a few more pictures

coupe more pics and many more Hi-resolution ones emailed to anyone who ask for them
    "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

The pics aren't showing up for some reason...?

Comment

Not sure they are working on my end. Not a smart ass but are you signed in?

Comment

Originally posted by StevesAlpine View Post
          Not sure they are working on my end. Not a smart ass but are you signed in?
          Yes Sir I am.

Comment

tell me an email and I will send you anything you want.

Comment

This forum has some issues with attaching pictures.
              Host it somewhere else and paste the links or arrange
              [img]your link without spaces[/img]
              good luck
              sigpic

Comment

ok guys heres a link to a SMUGMUG pictures site
                http://stevehodgesphotography.smugmu...717874_W8wBFZ5

Comment

looks great. I attached some of the photos from the link provided for other members to see. There are many more through posters link.

Last edited by ///Maniak; 10-01-2011, 05:19 PM.

Comment

bump for a nice looking car!

Originally posted by StevesAlpine View Post
                    As a member here for over 6 years this is a hard decision.
                    Only 6 years?? meh...

Comment

Where in Texas are you located? Probably the last thing I should be considering is another cream-puff E30 M3. Although I love my henna M3, I'm awfully partial to white. If it isn't too far from me, I might like to come take a look at it.

Comment

PM Justin

Comment

I have definitely decided the time is right to sell the car. Its time to move in another direction.

Comment

If only Seattle and Texas were closer. This is a beautiful car.

Curious, of all the E30 M3's I've seen for sale lately, ALL of them are 1988 models. Any speculation on why that might be?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the car tomorrow. [peace]

Comment

Working...
                              X