This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    If only Seattle and Texas were closer. This is a beautiful car.

Curious, of all the E30 M3's I've seen for sale lately, ALL of them are 1988 models. Any speculation on why that might be?
    The 1988 model year run produced the most E30 M3's, so it's just probability is all. This looks to be a very nice & well cared for car btw.....

GLWS,

John

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
      If only Seattle and Texas were closer. This is a beautiful car.

Curious, of all the E30 M3's I've seen for sale lately, ALL of them are 1988 models. Any speculation on why that might be?
      THe production numbers were skewed that way. The US safety regulations also changed for the '88 model year, allowing the M3's plastic bumpers; so a lot of the '88s were built starting in 3/87, and would under normal circumstances probably have been called '87s.
      Seattle, WA
      currently:
      1988 M3, ex j-stock
      1984 911, RoW 3.2
      1990 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
      http://cars.g93.net

Comment

I went to see the car today (8hr round trip drive in my E90...nice day for a drive). The car is as advertised and described by Steve over the phone. Steve is a true enthusiast and has taken great care of this car. He has a notebook full of records and a collection of spare parts. I'd love to make room for this car, but I'm not sure that I can do it before someone picks this car up. I'm going to seriously give it some consideration.

Steve didn't list it in the ad, but it does have Cibie low beams. Not sure if they are Cibie CSR's like what I have on my car as the lens looks a little different (says H4), but they are not domed are are Cibie's.

Comment

Thanks Justin, it has to go to a good home.
          "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

How did the car drive? It looks like a well built car.
            1971 Porsche 911 RS Tribute (3.2L)
            1986 Porsche 930 Turbo
            1991 M3 ( just purchased )
            2011 BMW 745iL
            2011 Panamera V6

Comment

Originally posted by Kartking View Post
              How did the car drive? It looks like a well built car.
              I actually didn't drive the car, he took me for a ride. He would have let me drive it, but I asked him to just take me for a ride in it. I really didn't need to even drive the thing as I could tell a lot just by riding in it and watching him. He's done a great job with the car. If I could talk myself into selling my henna car, then I'd be buying this car. It's a great color and is in great condition overall.

Comment

Update. I can make a very low buying price on the car. I have another BMW waiting on me to go pick up and I don't have a 3 car garage. PM or email for the low price.
                Last edited by StevesAlpine; 10-11-2011, 03:26 AM. Reason: Typo
                "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

Bump for you. It's obvious that this car has been meticulously maintained and is well sorted out. I can only imagine the hours you've put into keeping it top notch. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by StevesAlpine View Post
                    Update. I can make a very low buying price on the car. I have another BMW waiting on me to go pick up and I don't have a 3 car garage. PM or email for the low price.
                    Pm sent
                    sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Thanks Tony and your PM replied to Shadye30

Comment

Thanks Tony and your PM replied to Shadye30
                        Thank you. Pm responded
                        sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Car may be parted out because it seems to be worth more in pieces than a whole car

Comment

Car is still available 3 people now and counting that have said yes definately I am buying the car and then never heard another word. I guess a mans word isn't worth what it once was.

Comment

I wonder if its some of the same people I've been talking to...

Comment

Car is still available 3 people now and counting that have said yes definately I am buying the car and then never heard another word. I guess a mans word isn't worth what it once was.
                                Maybe a little OT. I'm sympathetic to you, Steve -- selling cars is annoying.

I would, though, also argue two things:

1. most people shopping for expensive toys are also feeling out their own psychology
                                while they're doing it. They get excited, then second-guess themselves... and they may be too embarrassed to admit that they either don't really have the scratch or that they can't pull it off.

2. There is no idealized past where people kept their word more or less than today. I'm sorry -- once you actually study history and learn about all the dodgy stuff that happened in the past, today start to looks pretty good by comparison.
                                Last edited by dreeves; 10-21-2011, 10:08 AM.
                                Seattle, WA
                                currently:
                                1988 M3, ex j-stock
                                1984 911, RoW 3.2
                                1990 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
                                http://cars.g93.net

Comment

Working...
                                X