X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StevesAlpine
    replied
    The car is SOLD and headed on a ROAD TRIP to Florida to its new home.
    Thanks Everyone!

Leave a comment:

• oliwer78
    replied
    You should mention if the buyer is a member of s14.
    I have sent cars to Europe.
    After money is on your account, you can drive the car to port.
    Do not let either car with title or money go out of your hand for any reason and you will be good.

Leave a comment:

• L James
    replied
    Originally posted by StevesAlpine View Post
    advise guys, I have a buyer from Australia wanting to buy the car, I have no idea how to do that transaction, how can you be 100% sure the money is legit? Money wire transfer? He seems very up front with everything and even gave me company info, links and all. ADVISE!
    Steve,

Such a transaction requires trust on both ends of the transaction. A wire transfer with a confirmation number would be the first step. The transfer will take a few days to hit (at least that's what took place when I purchased the cabrio from Germany). Once the money is confirmed, you can assist with the pick up, and shipping of the vehicle with the correct documents.

You could draw up a bill of sale documenting the process of the sale for each step of the process. I.E.

1. Sale price and what's included with the vehicle
    2. Money Wired and confirmed
    3. Assist with the pick up, and shipping of vehicle to port
    4. Provide any necessary documentation for customs for export

This all assumes a pre purchase inspection is done and terms are agreed to.

Just a general list of steps, but also assumes you've got a mutual comfort level with another (buyer and seller).

There's probably a bunch of items I've not included, but you get the general idea. HTH

Leave a comment:

• kubatron
    replied
    I would not do it.

Personally speaking too much to risk.

Leave a comment:

• StevesAlpine
    replied
    advise guys, I have a buyer from Australia wanting to buy the car, I have no idea how to do that transaction, how can you be 100% sure the money is legit? Money wire transfer? He seems very up front with everything and even gave me company info, links and all. ADVISE!

Leave a comment:

• dreeves
    replied
    Just so we're all clear -- I think Steve's car is beautifully-done and is very fairly priced. I only wish him luck with the sale.

And John, I agree that's how things should be. It just gets my goat a bit when people talk about "these days."

Leave a comment:

• Justin(OKC)
    replied
    Steve, I did get a PM from a guy wanting to talk to me about the car. I gave them my number and then never got a call. Bummer.

Guys, this car is really nice. For what he is asking for it, you couldn't build it. I hate to even say it, but it is worth more in parts. I think I would be all over it if the timing were different for me and it was caged like the other one for sale from s4m3. s4m3's car is a little more appealing to me personally because it is pretty much exactly what I would want for a DE car (caged, trick motor with CF airbox, etc). Steve's car would be a perfect daily driver or weekend street car that saw some track days. I'm not sure why either of these cars are still for sale other than the economy. My issue with another car is space and potential divorce!! haha.

Leave a comment:

• 02fanatic
    replied
    The only thing I can agree with as far as what you said is that selling a car can be annoying! Everything else....I couldn't disagree more. It's all about "integrity"...you either have it or you don't! I like to believe that by far, more people "have integrity" than not. True, there are alot of tire kickers in the car market, but there's no reason that as long as Steve is forthright and honest about selling the car that he will find similar minded "buyers" out there...it's really that simple.

Good luck with the sale Steve....just be patient and try to weed out the tire kickers! :-)

The right buyer "will" come along!

John

Originally posted by dreeves View Post
    Maybe a little OT. I'm sympathetic to you, Steve -- selling cars is annoying.

I would, though, also argue two things:

1. most people shopping for expensive toys are also feeling out their own psychology while they're doing it. They get excited, then second-guess themselves... and they may be too embarrassed to admit that they either don't really have the scratch or that they can't pull it off.

2. There is no idealized past where people kept their word more or less than today. I'm sorry -- once you actually study history and learn about all the dodgy stuff that happened in the past, today start to looks pretty good by comparison.

Leave a comment:

• dreeves
    replied
    Car is still available 3 people now and counting that have said yes definately I am buying the car and then never heard another word. I guess a mans word isn't worth what it once was.
    Maybe a little OT. I'm sympathetic to you, Steve -- selling cars is annoying.

I would, though, also argue two things:

1. most people shopping for expensive toys are also feeling out their own psychology
    while they're doing it. They get excited, then second-guess themselves... and they may be too embarrassed to admit that they either don't really have the scratch or that they can't pull it off.

2. There is no idealized past where people kept their word more or less than today. I'm sorry -- once you actually study history and learn about all the dodgy stuff that happened in the past, today start to looks pretty good by comparison.
    Last edited by dreeves; 10-21-2011, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• s4m3
    replied
    I wonder if its some of the same people I've been talking to...

Leave a comment:

• StevesAlpine
    replied
    Car is still available 3 people now and counting that have said yes definately I am buying the car and then never heard another word. I guess a mans word isn't worth what it once was.

Leave a comment:

• StevesAlpine
    replied
    Car may be parted out because it seems to be worth more in pieces than a whole car

Leave a comment:

• shadye30
    replied
    Thanks Tony and your PM replied to Shadye30
    Thank you. Pm responded

Leave a comment:

• StevesAlpine
    replied
    Thanks Tony and your PM replied to Shadye30

Leave a comment:

• shadye30
    replied
    Update. I can make a very low buying price on the car. I have another BMW waiting on me to go pick up and I don't have a 3 car garage. PM or email for the low price.
    Pm sent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X