Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on here a mecanic or awesome with s14s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here a mecanic or awesome with s14s?

I need help with looking at a car,Im looking to buy an e30 m3 and the seller provided me with a video of the car. The engine sounds VERY loud! I appreciate if someone can help me or point me to the right direction to someone who can by watching the video. PM me
    Last edited by Bmwfans52; 10-04-2011, 07:26 AM.

Video of a running car is not the best way to diagnose/verify a motor. Different video
    cameras have different levels of mics, and some may distort. Obviously if there is a
    loud knock or tapping sound that can be easily determined, but smaller things can
    be hidden. If you can't have someone in the area go look at it or trust the seller
    enough to go out there (maybe work out a compromise that if the car is what it is
    you cover travel expense, and if not the seller does), then I think you should pass.
    Just my opinion.

Comment

word from the wise, if you can't work on cars or don't have the $$ and time to bring a mechanic or have the car looked at professionally than you definitely can't afford to own an e30 M3 and probably shouldn't buy one in the first place.
      not trying to discourage you or be rude, but be warned that these cars require an immense amount of maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by frankel View Post
        word from the wise, if you can't work on cars or don't have the $$ and time to bring a mechanic or have the car looked at professionally than you definitely can't afford to own an e30 M3 and probably shouldn't buy one in the first place.
        not trying to discourage you or be rude, but be warned that these cars require an immense amount of maintenance.
        +++++1

Comment

Originally posted by frankel View Post
          +1

Things add up real real quick!!! I know this since I have mechanic bills well over 10k just covering maintenance. Leaks, bushings, mounts, pumps etc....

They are definitely worth all the $$$.

Good luck.
          sigpic

1989 BMW M3 ALPINE WHITE II/SRD M CLOTH
          1995 BMW M3 DAYTONA/DOVE SOLD
          1995 BMW M3 AVUS/BLACK
          1998 BMW M3 ESTORIL/DOVE SEDAN SOLD
          1999 BMW M3 TITANIUM/DOVE CONV. SOLD
          1999 BMW M3 COSMOS/SAND BEIGE SOLD
          2003 BMW M5 ALPINE WHITE/BLACK SOLD
          2004 BMW M3 SILVERGRAY/IMOLA
          2007 BMW M5 SAPPHIRE/INDY

Comment

These are 20+ yrs old cars and bimmer parts aren't cheap. Just be sure to set at least $5k aside for the miscellanious. You will need it, trust me.

Good luck.
            '85 190e-16v Euro
            '88 M3
            '86 AE86 Trueno
            '63 Lotus 7 Repl Turbo
            '93 Merc 500e

Comment

Here is a link if you want to check prices on parts for a S14 engine.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do...one=USA&arch=1

Comment

Working...
              X