Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spidy512
    replied
    coolio. i totally get what your saying...i wish this one was closer....

12700 huh? where and what kinda condition?

josh

Leave a comment:

• Bmwfans52
    replied
    Originally posted by spidy512 View Post
    did you see this OP?

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50876

looks like a doable project....

josh
    i did see it, however for that price i could find something (iv seen them sell for that price in past threads) that runs. Just last week someone offered me a car that was in good condition for $12,700 i believe it was.

Leave a comment:

• spidy512
    replied
    did you see this OP?

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50876

looks like a doable project....

josh

Leave a comment:

• Bmwfans52
    replied
    At this point I may just buy a 67 camaro I've been eyeing lol

Leave a comment:

• StevesAlpine
    replied
    There is a For Sale thread on here for me. Under POSSIBLE sale of. Look under my sign-on. It has a pictures link.
    Pm sent to you alao

Leave a comment:

• M Henna
    replied
    Originally posted by heliguy25 View Post
    You have a very nice example, if i was looking for another I'd pick it up! Ill trade you my low mileage g/f with some recent upgraded chesticals. LOL
    Pics would help your case immensely, post em up!

Leave a comment:

• heliguy25
    replied
    Originally posted by StevesAlpine View Post
    True my car was in an accident and was repaired perfectly. There is no salvage title on my car. A 2.5 engine like the one in my car done turn key from VAC is very close to a $20k job. Most rollers are easily 5-7k. Add all the other things like interior upgrades and see how much you have in your standard low dollar E30 M3
    You have a very nice example, if i was looking for another I'd pick it up! Ill trade you my low mileage g/f with some recent upgraded chesticals. LOL

Leave a comment:

• StevesAlpine
    replied
    True my car was in an accident and was repaired perfectly. There is no salvage title on my car. A 2.5 engine like the one in my car done turn key from VAC is very close to a $20k job. Most rollers are easily 5-7k. Add all the other things like interior upgrades and see how much you have in your standard low dollar E30 M3

Leave a comment:

• ALINE_M5
    replied
    Don't let the thread get too carried away with our own bias towards the E30 M3 either. Spidy is looking and perhaps his idea of price was skewed by his own observations or logic but that doesn't make him wrong. It makes him aware now and that will help him make decision on how he wants to pursue this going forward. I have learned a lot from reading on here and looking around. Market is a little soft but they are not being given away. So many variables to consider. Purists vs. Modders vs Drivers.

I asked a question about motor swap and all of a sudden the purists come out of the wood works to try and put me in my place about the swap and how I am destroying another "RARE" E30 M3. The word "RARE" is too often used. Rare is a 1K-40K car that is all original. Even one of the recent sellers on here is asking for top dollar and his car was praised but it was also not all original. New seats covered by people who also do "Ferrari's". Does that matter in the true value of the car? Not really. To some people it might give them warm fuzzies but not to many.

AlpineSteve has a nice example but it also has been in a car accident from the report. But he is asking top dollar for his car. Great car so I am not knocking it and he spent the time and money to make it so but it does not negate the accident. To some it might deter them to others it a driver's car and they don't care as long as the frame is straight and the car is solid.

Different strokes for different folks. Let's not ding spidy512 too much. If I am unaware then correct me and help me learn. If I argue speaking nonsense then it is on me for whatever wrath may be brought down on me from the Guru's of E30 M3's. But opinions vary and we won't always agree but we can be more helpful to those who are not as aware as others. Experience is a great teacher.

Leave a comment:

• spidy512
    replied
    thanks for making this MUCH more clear for folks....as I have obviously barked up the wrong tree...

Cheers!

josh

Leave a comment:

• SlideM3
    replied
    Those who ask too much and give too little will continue to wait and whine.
    Those who bought are having fun shopping for BBS RS and evo iii wings.

Leave a comment:

• heliguy25
    replied
    Originally posted by spidy512 View Post
    disagree. I dont have a "budget". Nor a wife that I have to "check with" before I buy. I certainly use her as an excuse, but usually when I get a bad feeling, and dont feel like hurting people egos. It is MUCH easier for a seller to tell his buddie he has had a bunch of "tire kickers who have to check with their wife". makes them feel better.

I dont expect something for nothing, but most of the current cars that are for sale do not justify the price. If that was the case, they would all be 20k right? regardless of miles or shape? And selling like hot cakes.

Do you really think the Alpine example I posted is worth the asking price? As a salvage vehicle? I guess if you were looking to rip it appart and built a track car only, sure. But as a car that would increase in value? They are looking for a needle in the haystack customer, or someone who knows nothing about these cars. The current market for used cars is very liquid. I dont blame people who are not in need of selling holding to their price. But a car that is going to need 10k in repairs right off the bat should not be asking 20k. These cars are simply not that valuable yet. I have been watching the same exact cars not sell for months, many months. To me, that means the market has gone "soft", possibly just temporarily until our Great Recession is over. This car has a VERY niche (part of the appeal really) followers, and it seems those are fewer these days than in the past. Hence why people are sitting on these cars.

I am also looking at 911s, and other cars to "invest" in. LOL. It still makes me laugh when I use the word "invest"..... I would love to spend 20k on one of these. But I am in the market for a car that I can put money INTO, and possibly reep the benefits of ownership, and possibly a bit of profit. But based on your comments, these cars are "limited" to those who can afford to put a bunch of money into them and then sit on it. To each his own right?

josh
    Whatever is clever, cars change hand on a regular basis. These cars aren't investments they're toys, the nice cars sell for reasonable prices before you ever hear about them. I simply think the budget you're shopping doesn't match the car you're wanting to buy. You have to be shopping a budget because you're wanting to spend less on the initial purchase.That will just end up costing you more in the long run.You want more car you will have to pay for it. Nice cars will sell for 20+ no problem. Either way the search is half the fun. Best of luck

Leave a comment:

• spidy512
    replied
    I dont think they're over priced, I just don't think your budget allows you to buy what you guys want. A lot of people come here expecting something for nothing. You get what you pay for in this market.
    disagree. I dont have a "budget". Nor a wife that I have to "check with" before I buy. I certainly use her as an excuse, but usually when I get a bad feeling, and dont feel like hurting people egos. It is MUCH easier for a seller to tell his buddie he has had a bunch of "tire kickers who have to check with their wife". makes them feel better.

I dont expect something for nothing, but most of the current cars that are for sale do not justify the price. If that was the case, they would all be 20k right? regardless of miles or shape? And selling like hot cakes.

Do you really think the Alpine example I posted is worth the asking price? As a salvage vehicle? I guess if you were looking to rip it appart and built a track car only, sure. But as a car that would increase in value? They are looking for a needle in the haystack customer, or someone who knows nothing about these cars. The current market for used cars is very liquid. I dont blame people who are not in need of selling holding to their price. But a car that is going to need 10k in repairs right off the bat should not be asking 20k. These cars are simply not that valuable yet. I have been watching the same exact cars not sell for months, many months. To me, that means the market has gone "soft", possibly just temporarily until our Great Recession is over. This car has a VERY niche (part of the appeal really) followers, and it seems those are fewer these days than in the past. Hence why people are sitting on these cars.

I am also looking at 911s, and other cars to "invest" in. LOL. It still makes me laugh when I use the word "invest"..... I would love to spend 20k on one of these. But I am in the market for a car that I can put money INTO, and possibly reep the benefits of ownership, and possibly a bit of profit. But based on your comments, these cars are "limited" to those who can afford to put a bunch of money into them and then sit on it. To each his own right?

josh

Leave a comment:

• Bmwfans52
    replied
    Originally posted by L James View Post
    Patience is key [yeahok]

7 years for my Sterling car. 5 years for the cabrio. Found the Lachs by accident.
    +++++++1

Leave a comment:

• scottieprada
    replied
    I dont think they're over priced, I just don't think your budget allows you to buy what you guys want. A lot of people come here expecting something for nothing. You get what you pay for in this market.
    +++++++1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X