Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Great deal - you thank me later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great deal - you thank me later

Just wrong side of country! Posted 3 hours ago.

http://bend.craigslist.org/cto/2650172050.html

Last edited by oliwer78; 10-14-2011, 03:18 PM.
    sigpic

yeah that is good!

Comment

I just emailed him. So we will see how sweet the deal is... Fingers crossed

Comment

I like how they listed the ICE before anything else! haha!

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

I can check it out since I'm heading southern oregon tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by zhemel View Post
            I just emailed him. So we will see how sweet the deal is... Fingers crossed
            Yeah, you really don't want to buy it. Why sending emails if there is a phone number?
            Please don't send postcard
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oliwer78 View Post
              Yeah, you really don't want to buy it. Why sending emails if there is a phone number?
              Please don't send postcard

I sent him a post card asking for pictures. May be he will have them developed soon...

Comment

So has anyone had a chance to che k this one out? I almost drove down today from Seattle.

Comment

Some more details here. But yeah, I'd have to think hard if it was on this side of the country.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224757
                  2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß
                  Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
                  Hers: 1989 325iX Zinnoberrot

Comment

Thanks for the pointer.
                    Last edited by sasquatch; 10-16-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I checked it out. Definitely a project - needs paint, bumper work, and has a ton of electrical issues that apparently started when the driveshaft took a dump. Odo, fuel gauge, temp gauge, and tach don't work. Has seen a few curbs in its time, 2 wheels need to be replaced. Oil leak pretty severe. Tranny grinds pretty bad when it goes into 4th. Apparently a coolant tube burst the day before so there was antifreeze all over.

He says the engine was rebuilt about 30k ago but doesn't have receipts or any proof of that. Engine paint doesn't look very fresh so rebuild status is iffy.

Dude is really nice and straight-up about the car, but it's definitely a bring-your-trailer project. Engine seems OK, but given that he's been driving it without a tach or temp gauge and with some major leaks, I wouldn't exactly put a whole lot of faith in it having been well taken care of.

Comment

Thank you Monkeyodeath for your input.
                        That is a fair description what potential buyer has to expect going there.
                        Honestly, 75% on the market suffer similar issues no matter what seller tells you. But the temp gauge being disconnected bothers me. Coolant all over the places and leaks get the car into status "fix it now".
                        I say it has potential as long the seller wants to work on the price, and the seller is prepared to spent hours and hours of work to make things straight.
                        Last edited by oliwer78; 10-16-2011, 01:05 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

The R3vlimited post says that he'll take less. How much is an interesting question.
                          2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß
                          Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
                          Hers: 1989 325iX Zinnoberrot

Comment

Also from that thread it looks like he ran the tranny w/o oil for a time. 0_o

Comment

Has anybody made an offer on the car? I'm thinking about picking it up...

Comment

Working...
                              X