Feeler: '88 M3 AW Totaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: '88 M3 AW Totaled

I totaled my M3 :wahwah: and I'm looking to sell the car minus a couple of items. I will be taking the front and rear seats out, passenger rain gutter, some rubber window seals and some miscellaneous interior lights.

The frame is twisted from fishtailing into a curb. The passenger side rear rim took blunt of the impact and that in turn bent the frame. The rear diff is shot. The motor was running great before the accident but after sitting for a month and a half it isn't running great but the car is really low on gas so I'll fill it up a bit and see what happens. At the beginning of summer the compression was 190-200 across the cylinders. I have 3 or 4 oil sample reports from the summer. No excess wear numbers. There is a 3 qt. accusump that just got installed with pressure gauge and electronic valve switch mounted on the counsel. The transmission leaks were fixed, fresh MTL, new shifter bushings and M5 guibo installed. Tokico shocks, eibach springs (I think), dinan rear sway bar and Green Tree front control arm bushings. Installed new Parada Spec 2 tires at the beginning of summer. Three of these are good, the rear passenger exploded on impact. Rust is forming around the windshield, a little by the battery tray. There was a side impact that was fixed prior to me purchasing the car. There is some bondo on that area but it looks really good.

How much is it worth guys? I've gotten an offer for $2000. I don't have time to part it out myself.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
    sigpic

I can email pics of the car and damage. PM me. Thanks
    sigpic

Comment

PM sent
      Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
      3/87 Henna

Comment

I was thinking $3500
        sigpic

Comment

Damn.. Another one gone...are you willing to part out?
          sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Rear bumper? I know it's not a part-out thread, but it can't hurt to ask...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by shadye30 View Post
              Damn.. Another one gone...are you willing to part out?
              I wish I had the time. I need to sell it as a whole.
              sigpic

Comment

Where is the car located?

Comment

I'm in Milwaukee, WI

I just got a down payment for it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd have to see some pics and know more (like the mileage on the engine), but from what you've described...$2,000 is a lowball price and even $3,500 sounds low to me. The engine alone is probably worth $2,500 to $3,500, depending.

I'd part it out before selling for $3,500 if it were mine....if you do decide to part it out, I'd be interested in the trunk mat (spare tire carpet cover), and the front grills - especially the pass side if it has the red A/C sticker on top! :-)...and the rear bumper cover!...and....and...LOL!

Good Luck with things,

John

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
                      I'd have to see some pics and know more (like the mileage on the engine), but from what you've described...$2,000 is a lowball price and even $3,500 sounds low to me. The engine alone is probably worth $2,500 to $3,500, depending.

I'd part it out before selling for $3,500 if it were mine....if you do decide to part it out, I'd be interested in the trunk mat (spare tire carpet cover), and the front grills - especially the pass side if it has the red A/C sticker on top! :-)...and the rear bumper cover!...and....and...LOL!

Good Luck with things,

John
                      Thanks for the comments. I got to get this out of my buddys yard ASAP.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good deal. $3500 def no look buy. Good luck on your Sub frame bro

Comment

Tow hook covers

I will take the front tow hook covers--easy enough to remove.
                          Scott

Comment

Looking forward to picking it up.
                            Thanks John.
                            Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
                            3/87 Henna

Comment

hey i need the side skirts hit me up if u wanna sell them 770-369-0121

Comment

Working...
                              X