This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: 1989 bmw m3

Just a quick feeler to see if there is any intrest in my M3, sadly the car has sat in my garage more years than I have driven it, i'll give a quick list of features and backround and add pics later depending on intrest.

1989 Zinnoberot
    interior 7-8/10
    engine 8-9/10
    exterior 7/10

I'm the second owner and have had the car for 15 years, bought it from the original owner and upgraded it pretty much to EVO 3 status

Engine- 2.5l bottom end kit from turners, mild exhaust port on the head, 284/276 schrick cams, 50/50 grp A headers, Borla exhaust, CF intake, 48mm TB's, Alpha N

Suspension- Ground control coil overs on Bilstein sports, 18" BBS RC's painted to match car on 225/35 pirreli's

CF DTM front lip spoiler and CF rear adjustable wing

It's still got the original paint so it's pretty faded, couple dings in the body but no accidents front fenders got rolled by the original owner and paint kinda cracked there, but not bad

I have everything stock I swapped out but the OE rear spoiler, I even have the OE BBS on OE tires, and they're even really good condition!

One big caveat though, somewhere along the way the car has developed a bad sputter and runs extremely rich 85-100 % of the time, I threw money at parts trying to fix it, and can't find it, I do believe the problem does lie in the wiring harness or ECU area, it could in fact be a loose or shorting connection because one day I just jiggled on every wire I saw and the car sprang to life acting completely normal for a day or 2, then back to the same problem.

I was able to limp it home but it's not really driveable on the streets or highway untill this stupid gremlin can be chased down, I honestly think it's something easy to fix, but i no longer have the time or intrest, i'm sure anyone that know's these cars can fix it easy and score a very nice modified M3

I'm looking to get in the neighborhood of 15-20k USD i've easily spent over 30-40k trying to get this car completed and hopefully someone can take this thing to completion, please PM if any question, the car is the one in my sig

The Chuck giveth, and the Chuck taketh away

It is interesting buy as long as you support it with the pictures. These mods are $$$!!
    sigpic

Comment

Bring it to Afest on the 18th and have a for sale sign in the window.Ya never know?

A
      88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

Miles on chassis and engine?
        Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
        • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
        • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
        • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
        • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
        • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
        • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
        • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
        • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
        • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

about 22k on the 2.5, chassis has about 95K

Comment

Highrever you've got PM.

Rey
            "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Here are some pics of the car i just took, my plan is to have robertc have a look at it and see if he can figure out the fuel problem, Reelizmpro had the same problem and i'm confident the problem can be solved, i'm still in feeler mode right now so I don't have a price but more likely than not the car will be for sale, quite a few people have expressed intrest

It can be an easy fix or it could be trouble, either way I'd like a trusted E30 guy have a look at it so I can ask the right price and be sure i'm not dumping a mess on someone

Comment

Take it to Andy @ Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa... that guy has been building s14's for over 20 years. Trust me when I say that he is the only person in SoCal you should take your car to....

Comment

Looks amazing ... I would love to hear your asking price.

Comment

And it has that rare as hell M38 Momo steering wheel with the ///M stripes and the uber rare ///M horn button. GLWS!
                    1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16 Euro
                    1988 BMW M3 (Diamantschwarz) 4/87 build
                    1988 BMW M3 (Alpineweiss I) 12/87 build
                    1995 BMW M3 (Dakar Yellow I) SOLD
                    2001 BMW M5 (Titanium Silver)
                    2003 BMW M3 (Titanium Silver)

Comment

Trade + cash?
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2674173/1998-bmw-m3

Comment

Car sale pending

Comment

Missed this ad a while ago, let me know if deal falls through, I'd like to come and see it.
                          90 Alpine M3 | 90 Brilliantrot M3 | 85 Alpine 520i

Comment

Just received the car from Bryan today (Cali --> pa). Can wait to get started sorting it out. Great guy to deal with. He was always helpful even after dealing with me for months asking question and requesting pictures. He also is willing to still work with me on any questions I have until I get the car up and running.

If I ever make it to LA I'll have to look you up Bryan.

Cheers
                            -Darren

Comment

Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X