FS Boston Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Boston Area

The shop I used to work at in Newburyport is selling this ride. I did drive it before and its a pretty straight ride! I'd recommend it.

I have no financial interest in it, but I do know its a pretty solid car.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/2730780569.html
    1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

If it had a black interior, I'd go take a look. I paid the same for my E46...I'm beginning to regret it.

Comment

91 is a rare year. Someone will grab it especially with low miles!!!

Comment

As I said. I have no financial interest, but I know the shop and kow the car somewhat.
        I drove it and if I had the cash and liked the color it would have never made it online. :-)
        1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

i emailed him and this is what he had to say about the car. i personally think that its priced too high. i am not affiliated with this seller i was just interested in the car.

Sal,

The car is still available for sale. The current owner has owned the car for
          the last 5 or 6 years. He purchased it used in 2006 and has driven it about
          15K miles during that time. It's mostly sat in his garage and was not
          driven at all in the winter. I believe that he is the second or 3rd owner.
          The car is stock except for a performance chip.

The car is generally in very good condition. All body & drivetrain VIN tags
          are there and I don't see evidence of body or paint work on the car. The
          car runs & drives as a stock e30 M3 should.

So what keeps it from being a concours car? A few things would need to be
          addressed. As is par for most e30s with this mileage, the driver's seat
          upper & lower bolsters show wear w/ a finger nail sized hole in the upper
          bolster. The passenger side upper bolster has coloring worn away. I would
          replace these leather panels. On the rear seat there is some
          dis-colorization in the leather just above the lower seat belt latches. This
          can be refinished. While the body & undercarriage is generally quite clean,
          there is some rust bubbling visible when you pull up the front lower edge of
          the windshield gasket (common e30 M3 issue). Finally, the previous owner had
          an Auto power "behind the seat" bolt in cage in the car at some point as
          holes for the attachment points are visible in the carpet & body if you look
          for them. These aren't insurmountable issues, but what I believe keeps it
          from being a "ready for concours" vehicle. The car could certainly be
          brought to that level of preparation if desired, or just driven as a nice
          Sunday driver.

There has been a lot of interest in the car. May people are looking for
          museum pieces which are hard to find when these cars have much more than 50K
          miles on them. If you're looking for a museum piece this is probably not
          the car, but if you'd like to have a nice stock e30 M3 that you don't have
          to fret over when you drive or park it, then this is the right car. Let me
          know if you'd like to take a look at it or if I can provide any additional
          details.

Michael Morris
          Schneller BMW Performance
          26 Middle Rd Unit 1-2
          Newbury, MA 01951
          schnellerperformance.com

Comment

I am somewhat surprised it hasn't sold yet truth be told.

(it may have I just don't know if so, but if not it's surprising)

Comment

Good looking car if u ask me.

Comment

nice looking car..Not a fan of the interior color or the fact that it still shows a roll cage was once installed... what was the asking $$$? I missed the auction before it ended
                Last edited by shadye30; 12-26-2011, 11:19 AM.
                sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

SOLD! I bought it . . . picking it up tomorrow. We sold this car 4 years ago and cared for it prior to that.

Mario L.

www.VSR1.com

Comment

Glad to see its in good hands!

Congrats Mario!
                    1988 Diamantschwarz

Comment

Working...
                    X