This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/FT: 1988 DS on Cardinal

This car was previously posted without my permission and I have tried to be very thorough in this write up. Please let me know if there is any more information you'd like to see.

Basic Overview: Car has 176,500 miles on the working odometer, the original S14 is still in the car. As best can be told from the large amount of original receipts including the original window sticker, the car has had at least three owners prior to my picking the car up in May of 2010. Car has no rust, but was in a minor fender bender about four months ago, which still has yet to be rectified. I rear-ended someone, and bent the nose panel, and cracked the bumper and bumper carrier. Since then, the bumper cover has been repaired, and a new OEM nose panel and bumper carrier have been purchased, as well as an adequate amount of DS paint, hardener, primer, and clearcoat mixed by National Coatings & Supplies in Raleigh, NC. Much of the paint on the roof and C pillar is oxidized, and in need of work. The hood is currently hazy, but will improve with buffing. I've only managed to get the car on track once as well as a trip to one autocross in the year and a half I've owned it. The car is simply too much for me to maintain at the moment, and I would like to get into an E36 M3 which is the only trade that will be entertained right now. This car runs and drives very well, pulls hard to redline, no cutting or hesitation. Diff is quiet, no alignment issues. Despite its appearance, the car hasn't been driven hard during my ownership.

Maintenance/OEM/Wear Items
    Car Has:
    Crackless Dash
    Brand new windshield (sustained a crack at a track event)
    New pads front and rear (fronts are installed, rears are included with sale)
    New rotors front and rear (fronts are installed, rears are included with sale)
    Functional AC converted to R134A
    New clutch as of August, 2010 installed at Shadetree Garage, Raleigh NC
    New shift linkage components as of August, 2010, installed at Shadetree Garage, Raleigh NC
    New Driveshaft Guibo
    New Throttle body gaskets
    New Lower intake hose

Aftermarket
    Car Has:
    European Analog Clock
    Borla Catback
    H&R Race Springs
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Stainless Steel Brake lines
    Ireland Engineering front and rear sway bars
    Hard Dog half cage
    Simpson five point harnesses
    KMAC camber plates
    Bulletnose 75mm wheel studs

Issues
    Car Needs:
    Power Steering leak resolved - Very slow leak, could be reservoir or hoses, never tracked it down.
    Rear swaybar end links - one was found broken during ownership, both were removed and the bar tied up on the car.
    Blower Motor - squeaks on 1-3, less noise on four. Functional through the range, just noisy.
    Fuel Gauge - sometimes misleading. Jumps around periodically, but the low light has always worked.
    Passenger side lock cylinder - can be touchy, may be going out.
    Passenger side seat - likes to not lock.

This sale will include: Fitted Car cover, one set of stock M3 15" wheels with TOYO Proxes RA1's with enough tread for perhaps an autox or two, one set of 15" stock wheels with 205/50 street tires (Kumho Ecsta I believe, will check on this), one set of E38 Weaves 16x8 with 225/45 rollers. The rear seat, which has a small tear at the top, will also be included with the car, as it isn't currently installed. 13 Button OBC is also included. Replacement bumper carrier, bumper surround gaskets, and nose panel as said above are also included.

Asking Price: $11,500 picked up in Raleigh or surrounding area. Will entertain trades for well equipped E36 M3 coupes potentially plus cash. Please PM me for more information if interested.

Forth Coming Info: Pictures of new components installed on car, compression test numbers, and the results of a carfax.

PICTURES (Car is Dirty)

WHEELS TO BE INCLUDED WITH CAR:

Last edited by Catchakab; 12-12-2011, 06:11 PM. Reason: added details.

Is this the same car post by OP below?
    http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54249

Comment

Yes, unfortunately. I'm the car's owner.

Comment

I'm very interested. I have a e36 M3 that I'm willing to trade and money on top.

Comment

Katherine, sorry to hear you letting the car go. These cars do require a lot of time
          and money. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Pm sent
            sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Hah! Now I know what my Racing Dynamics wheels will look like on my DS :P. I picked them up a couple of weeks ago but still haven't put them on the car and couldn't find pics of a DS E30 M3 with them on. Are those 16x8 +15? I was thinking of painting them black but after seeing the pics, I think they'll stay silver .

Comment

Katherine is a good friend and a trusted seller and I've seen this car a lot in person. She is representing its condition accurately and there should be no surprises to the buyer. If you want the car and need to have the RD 5 spokes, I'll throw them in!

Cheers,
                James
                James | Straight Pipes: Engaged

Comment

Someone get my M3 sedan and I am on my way to pick it up
                  sigpic

Comment

AHH this makes me so upset! If this were closer to the west coast it would be sold. It's just a liiiiiiiitle too far.

Comment

Originally posted by e30nub View Post
                      AHH this makes me so upset! If this were closer to the west coast it would be sold. It's just a liiiiiiiitle too far.

Come on man, it will ship for $800.00!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I had the oppertunity to meet the seller and look the car over this past weekend. The car is represented accurately and all problem areas are stated in the post. The engine runs well with no hesitation, smoke or vibration.
                        The main $$$ will probably have to be spent on paint and suspension upgrades, this car is very driveable as it is and will make a great addition for someone!

Comment

I am interested and will be getting in touch more after the new year to set up a meeting to see the car. GLWS if I dont get a chance before it sells

talk to you soon
                          -Joseph

Comment

Car is sold, thanks for all the interest!

Comment

Working...
                            X