E30 M3 For Nsx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 For Nsx

Thinking of trading e30 m3 for an NSX, thoughts on this?

This not a clear question. Do you have the M3 and want an NSX or do you have a NSX and want an M3? Years? Conditions? Money involved on either end? Pics?

Comment

Have m3

Comment

Err... it's a bit like trading the Millennium Falcon for James Bond's Aston Martin isn't it? I mean, different universes. Hard to compare really.

Comment

Both are awesome...
          Cant go wrong either way.

NSX's are classics or going to be classics just like the E30 M3.

Comment

I am a big Honda/Acura fan on the side as well as a BMW owner so here is what i have to offer.

The NSX is a wonderful chassis and is very well balanced from the factory and is in many ways similiar to an E30 M3..Not the fastest car out there but the driving characteristics are second to none.
            Just like we are used to paying outrageous prices be prepared to face the same with the NSX..The NSX had a 3.0 or 3.2l VTEC engine based off the old Acura Legend block (C30/C32) and is no more difficult to work on than an average civic but that is where the similarities end.
            A civic timing belt (twin cam-b series to be fair) is about $50 but an NSX is about $300. Another example would be ball joint replacement-normally on any Honda/Acura you can pop the ball joint loose by using a BFH against the control arm and after a few whacks it comes loose but try the same technique on an NSX and you will soon crack the aluminum control arm which cost over $1000 per side-and forget about using a traditional ball joint seperator-you will crack the arm-Honda makes a special tool to remove the arm. I can go on and on about this
            Bottom line is when considering the NSX there are many things to consider. Prices start in the mid teens to low twenties and can go all the way up to 50k+ for a late model one 2004-2005. But the best one you can afford and good luck!
            sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

I love some of the ignorance and biases here just much as I do when I hear Honda fan boys spewing unfounded hearsay about BMW's.
              I have both the E30 M3 and the NSX and at least I speak from experience.
              I have no stock or allegiance to either car company so no fan boy here.
              Don't believe any BS you have heard here...go get some seat time in an NSX before you decide to get one...moreover, go research the car at NSXPRIME.COM under the wiki section - wealth of knowledge there.
              I can tell you one thing about the nsx - it is intoxicating!
              Below is a pic of my m3 and NSX.
              Ohh yeah my car just came back from a full tune up at bullet in costa mesa
              Car was worked on by andy - great guy and a great shop.

2005 GPW S2000
              2000 GPW NSX
              2008 subaru FSXT
              1988 E30 M3 HENNA/BLACK

Comment

Are you the same guy who is looking to trade a vert e30 m3 clone for a nsx?

Here is the link if anyone on here is looking for a convertible e30 m3 replica

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread...69#post1511769
                2005 GPW S2000
                2000 GPW NSX
                2008 subaru FSXT
                1988 E30 M3 HENNA/BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by s2000 View Post
                  I love some of the ignorance and biases here just much as I do when I hear Honda fan boys spewing unfounded hearsay about BMW's.
                  I have both the E30 M3 and the NSX and at least I speak from experience.
                  I have no stock or allegiance to either car company so no fan boy here.
                  Don't believe any BS you have heard here...go get some seat time in an NSX before you decide to get one...moreover, go research the car at NSXPRIME.COM under the wiki section - wealth of knowledge there.
                  I can tell you one thing about the nsx - it is intoxicating!
                  Below is a pic of my m3 and NSX.
                  Ohh yeah my car just came back from a full tune up at bullet in costa mesa
                  Car was worked on by andy - great guy and a great shop.

Did you have your car at Afest last Sunday?
                  88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

Not even sure what Afest is
                    I drive my baby here and there but never been to any meets or know anyone else around orange county with a e30 m3. I found bullet through research on here and went to them for oil change and new catalytic and some other work to make sure she is tip top shape.

Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Did you have your car at Afest last Sunday?
                    2005 GPW S2000
                    2000 GPW NSX
                    2008 subaru FSXT
                    1988 E30 M3 HENNA/BLACK

Comment

nice collection!

Comment

Originally posted by s2000 View Post
                        Not even sure what Afest is
                        He means did you make it out to Archiesfest last Sunday? It was right in your neck of the woods at the Marconi Collection museum. See here:
                        http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...=53764&page=17

To the OP, I have no experience with the NSX but I would not trade my M3 for one. I would instead try to own both like S2000.
                        Last edited by ///M3 Terr; 12-21-2011, 05:57 PM.
                        Terrance

Comment

S2000, Is your car red or Henna? Looks just like one of the cars that was there on Sunday. I'll see if I have a pic of it.

Terrance, I think I talked to you for a bit? If so, nice meeting you!

-JP

88 M3 - 04 LS430 - 03 SL500 - 95 E320 - 70 Mini Cooper
                          RC Wheels by Team Pogi

like us on facebook

Comment

Never cared for a nsx or was impressed by them.I would definitely never trade my m3 for one.The member that owns both cars if you had to give up one your cars which one would go?
                            I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

It's Henna
                              "Never lift"

Comment

Working...
                              X