X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1990 car, modded for SCCA autocross

For Sale: 1990 BMW M3

I’ve owned the car for 6 ½ years, using it mainly for autocross, with about one track day every two years. It’s been a very reliable and strong runner, carrying me long distances to two BMW Oktoberfests. It is set up for autocross in SCCA’s STX class. It has been stored in winters. All VINs match. The paint is in decent shape, in the sense of “looks good from 10 feet away” and not in need of a repaint. The dash is crack-free. The front seats have some surface cracking and staining, but no cracks through the leather. The car is zinnoberrot and natur, a non-airbag car with a six-button OBC. I have maintenance records for the car from its original sale date.

The photos show separately the wheels that will be on the car for sale. They’re shod with RE-11s that have seen 2 autocross seasons. The tires are not quite down to their wear bars.

The car is located in Albuquerque, NM. I’m willing to help with the process of pre-purchase inspections and shipping. Of course, inspections and shipping are at the buyer's expense.

Mileage: 110,000.
    Price: $12,000.

See photos at http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/...%20For%20Sale/.

Modifications:
    • Complete Ground Control suspension kit, with coil-overs, stiffer springs (500 front, 650 rear), Koni single adjustable shocks, front camber plates, adjustable end links, and shock mount reinforcements. The trunk had been modified to give access to the rear Koni dampers.
    • BMW cabrio upper rear shock mounts.
    • Racing Dynamics front and rear adjustable sway bars.
    • Sparco front brace.
    • BMP rear brace.
    • Sip high-flow cat.
    • Borla muffler.
    • Bavarian Auto oil pan baffle.
    • UUC short shift kit.
    • Turner engine chip.

Major maintenance (on my watch):
    • New radiator, fan and water pump.
    • Timing chain replacement (using E36 tensioner).
    • Put air conditioning back into working order.

Known issues (see photos):
    • Two rust bubbles on cowl.
    • Some cone scuffs.
    • Paint fading on spoiler.
    • Interior covering coming off of passenger side A pillar.
    • Front bumper slightly bowed from light tap (competitor backing into me on autocross grid).
    • Radio somewhat loose in its mounting, occasionally volume cuts out. It currently has an iPod adaptor jammed in it. Good news: the adapter works. Bad news: it won’t come out.
    • Brake sensor light on randomly and intermittently.
    • Occasional brake light warning, even though brake lights are functioning.
    • Various small dents, dings and stains from an active life.
    • Computer display dim.
    • Driver side rear side light out – corroded connection in the lens assembly.

The car is a good driver with a strong engine. I’m selling because I now have another car for autocross duty. It’s a 21 year old car, and so is being sold AS IS, WHERE IS, with no warranties express or implied.

Please PM me on this site of you're interested. Thanks for looking.

M3

PM sent

Comment

I just posted some additional pictures on the Photobucket album in response to a request -- spare tire well, suspension, etc. I also saw that I posted only two pictures of the wheels that will be on the car for sale. All four are now posted.

Comment

Good deal... I'm forwarding it to a friend of mine!
        1988 BMW M3 Alpine/Black
        1988 BMW M3 DS/Grey
        1989 BMW M3 Zinno/Tan
        1989 BMW M3 Brilliant/Track
        1990 BMW M3 Alpine/Black

Comment

Thanks to all who inquired, and the car is sold.

Comment

Working...
          X