X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALINE_M5
    replied
    Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    It depends on the wheels being used. I've driven a car with 235s on it and they rubbed like crazy. I had clearance issues with stretched 215s on an 8.5" wide wheel with 11mm offset. They might be fine on a race car where you pull all the wheel well linings out but for a street car, I'll take a smaller wheel any day of the week.

Will
    I was being a litle snarky at the Common comment made earlier. I do not think that 235/40/17 are that common on this board from what I have read.

I was dead set on 18 style 5's ( still want them ) but after going through the mountains with the 17's I think the 18's would not be as fun. Any opinion on 18's?

I just put in an order for yoko-s drives 235/40/17 for Style 5's offset 20mm. I hope they work out.

sorry back on topic

Leave a comment:

• markseven
    replied
    I appreciate you sharing these listings. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied
    Originally posted by ALINE_M5 View Post
    I thought 215/40/17 was common. Then I guess I can feel safe to move on to 235/40/17 - just thought it was common to rub on full lock with that size I know offsets matter but I haven't seen anyone run a 235/40/17 on a 13mm or 15mm offset rim in 8" or greater. Just curious
    It depends on the wheels being used. I've driven a car with 235s on it and they rubbed like crazy. I had clearance issues with stretched 215s on an 8.5" wide wheel with 11mm offset. They might be fine on a race car where you pull all the wheel well linings out but for a street car, I'll take a smaller wheel any day of the week.

Will

Leave a comment:

• Kyldare
    replied
    Originally posted by zhemel View Post
    I think the car is located in Seattle.
    Yeah, in Bellevue I think

Leave a comment:

• ALINE_M5
    replied
    Originally posted by Anders View Post
    235/40/17 is common fitment for many of us on this board...
    I thought 215/40/17 was common. Then I guess I can feel safe to move on to 235/40/17 - just thought it was common to rub on full lock with that size I know offsets matter but I haven't seen anyone run a 235/40/17 on a 13mm or 15mm offset rim in 8" or greater. Just curious

Leave a comment:

• zhemel
    replied
    I think the car is located in Seattle.

Leave a comment:

• TornadoWarning
    replied
    Originally posted by kubatron View Post
    Are you using craiggers to find these postings?

Good deal though.

Yes I am. I have way too much time on my hands lol. I just search cities for hours late at night until I find 'em. Doing my part to help bring exposure to otherwise unnoticed deals!

Leave a comment:

• nightowl
    replied
    Originally posted by kubatron View Post

Good deal though.
    I have had decent luck with searching craigslist like this in Google:

1988 BMW M3 site:craigslist.org

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    235/40/17 is common fitment for many of us on this board...

Leave a comment:

• ALINE_M5
    replied
    Notice that he is running 235/40/17 on those rims. Thought they would rub some?

Leave a comment:

• kubatron
    replied

Good deal though.

Leave a comment:

• TornadoWarning
    started a topic 1988 BMW M3 (Portland , OR) Craigslist - N/A

1988 BMW M3 (Portland , OR) Craigslist - N/A

Didn't see this one listed.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2795395845.html
Working...
X