Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 BMW M3 (Phoenix, AZ) Craigslist - N/A

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ctd/2779480055.html

Says the car has a salvage title due to a theft recovery. Hmmm.
    1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16 Euro
    1988 BMW M3 (Diamantschwarz) 4/87 build
    1988 BMW M3 (Alpineweiss I) 12/87 build
    1995 BMW M3 (Dakar Yellow I) SOLD
    2001 BMW M5 (Titanium Silver)
    2003 BMW M3 (Titanium Silver)

that car has been for sale for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Did I mention a LONG time?

Comment

Originally posted by ALINE_M5 View Post
      that car has been for sale for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Did I mention a LONG time?

ya loooong time and the price went up form 13900
      91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
      88 M3 AW Track Car s54
      95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
      04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

I thought I had seen this one before. Maybe somebody can do something with it if they can get the price down.
        1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16 Euro
        1988 BMW M3 (Diamantschwarz) 4/87 build
        1988 BMW M3 (Alpineweiss I) 12/87 build
        1995 BMW M3 (Dakar Yellow I) SOLD
        2001 BMW M5 (Titanium Silver)
        2003 BMW M3 (Titanium Silver)

Comment

I tried to offer him 9K as a start on it but he laughed at me. I am sure he wish he would have at least talked to me. I looked at it from a perspective that is it was fixed up right and slowly it will hold some money and I get to enjoy it. I no longer want to look at cars in my garage. I want to drive them.

Comment

The offset on those wheels looks AFU.

Jake

Comment

The way the shock towers are cut up for the camber plates kills any excitement that car might have held. Other minor things too aside from the title issue. I also don't understand the price increase. Perhaps because of the car auctions.

Comment

If you had to drive up to where this car lot is you'd turn around quickly.
                -TL
                ________
                1988 911 Carrera
                2007 GT3 RS
                2013 Touareg TDI

Comment

i know its an M3 and they hold their value. but First it has a tainted title, second the shock towers look like shit! third he says it has no "Major" accidents. so its been stolen, hit and butchered. wouldnt offer more then $6000

Comment

Presented very well in the ad... someone knows how to put a spin on things. The strength of the shock towers has been compromised immensely by cutting the flange off the center opening. I'd be worried about "oil-canning" and cracking now.
                    Theft recoveries don't necessarily mean the car has been trashed. All it means is that it went missing for more than 30 days and the Ins Co paid out to the owner. I once bought a theft recovery that only had a dented rear quarter. Not even any broken glass or slammed locks. It was otherwise in excellent original shape with original panels and paint, and only 64K on the clock. By all means, approach theft recoveries with caution and be thorough in investigating it, but don't assume the worst. It goes without saying, don't believe a word coming out of the sellers mouth, and most of all, don't buy sight unseen!
                    Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                    • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                    • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                    • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                    • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                    • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                    • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                    • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                    • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                    • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

how come no strut tower brace?
                      the red duck tape kills it for me, i understand that foam crums get all over you but put a cheapy seat cover on it before red tape come on

Comment

Working...
                      X