WTB: Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Race Car

I lost a hell of a deal this week because I was on the east coast instead of the best coast.

I am looking to buy a full blown race car/ track car...

I'm obsessed with checking the for sale section religiously. This is just to ease my worries about losing another sweet deal.

Cheers.
    1988 BMW M3 Alpine/Black
    1988 BMW M3 DS/Grey
    1989 BMW M3 Zinno/Tan
    1989 BMW M3 Brilliant/Track
    1990 BMW M3 Alpine/Black

Mine car always be bought with the right amount of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      Mine car always be bought with the right amount of cash.
      Ya I am far away from willing to spend the right price. Not with some of these pretty good deals that come and go in this economy. lol
      1988 BMW M3 Alpine/Black
      1988 BMW M3 DS/Grey
      1989 BMW M3 Zinno/Tan
      1990 BMW M3 Alpine/Black

Comment

I know of a car, if you want to pm me your contact info I'll get you in touch with him

Originally posted by drinaldis
        I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Be careful of good deals. That just means there's more shit you have to do that the PO hasn't, especially with a race car that you're going to be thrashing on track.

I'm with Bruce, I'd sell my car if the price was right.
          sigpic
          Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

I am building a race car in a crappy economy. It is challenging and costly and consequently slow moving. At the end of the day I will know exactly what I have under and around me. Buy a known car from a good seller.

Either of the two guys willing to sell in this thread meet that criteria, you will not find better people.
            1989 e30 m3 Zinnoberrot/Grey 256k Track/M3T
            1991 e30 m3 Alpinweiß/Schwartz 81k Garage Queen
            1991 325iX Diamantschwarz/M-Tech 110k Snowmobile (For Sale)
            1991 325ic Macau Blau/M-Tech 178k M-Tech Cabrio 5spd (For Sale)
            2002 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 Vortec, Alison Tranny, 4.10 gears

Comment

Well have no fear, I am going to do my due diligence first, specially with the headache on my hands right now.

Sad part is a basically took the advice here, I built my car, and it still failed because of shady mechanics. Oh well to play hard, you're going to incur some bumps and bruises.

Jeremiah you have a PM.
              1988 BMW M3 Alpine/Black
              1988 BMW M3 DS/Grey
              1989 BMW M3 Zinno/Tan
              1990 BMW M3 Alpine/Black

Comment

Specialty Sales in Pleasanton CA (about a 2 minute walk from my house) is selling a red E30 M3 race car. It's J Stock

http://www.specialtysales.com/1989-b...rep-c-3604.htm

Edge Motorworks is just a few minutes away from there (it's where the car was serviced), so you could find out a bit about it's maintenance history form them. As the Specialty sales guys will probably be clueless about the car.
                Last edited by paintpro21; 03-01-2012, 10:24 AM.
                ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by paintpro21 View Post
                  Specialty Sales in Pleasanton CA (about a 2 minute walk from my house) is selling a red E30 M3 race car. It's J Stock

http://www.specialtysales.com/1989-b...rep-c-3604.htm

Edge Motorworks is just a few minutes away from there (it's where the car was serviced), so you could find out a bit about it's maintenance history form them. As the Specialty sales guys will probably be clueless about the car.
                  That might be right up my alley. I am going to contact edge on monday!!

Thank you.
                  1988 BMW M3 Alpine/Black
                  1988 BMW M3 DS/Grey
                  1989 BMW M3 Zinno/Tan
                  1990 BMW M3 Alpine/Black

Comment

My car is still available:
                    http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54561

With the race season approaching, I'm becoming more motivated to find this car a new home. I don't plan to race the M3 this year; at most I'll do some DEs with it. But it doesn't really make sense for me to hold onto the car only to use it a couple of times. Consider the price flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by Garage5 View Post
                      That might be right up my alley. I am going to contact edge on monday!!

Thank you.
                      Great price, but the cage is scary. Whenever I see a knee bar, I do an about face and look elsewhere. The "A" pillar tubes also look quite intrusive too. They should be tucked in nice and close to the car's "A" pillars. It's clear they didn't want to remove the dash to do the cage 'right'.

Originally posted by EdPhillips View Post
                      My car is still available:
                      http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54561

With the race season approaching, I'm becoming more motivated to find this car a new home. I don't plan to race the M3 this year; at most I'll do some DEs with it. But it doesn't really make sense for me to hold onto the car only to use it a couple of times. Consider the price flexible.

Ed's car is a MUCH better choice!!! The fabrication work is second to none!! The old adage holds true... you get what you pay for.
                      Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                      • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                      • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                      • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                      • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                      • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                      • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                      • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                      • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                      • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Ron ///Man View Post
                        Great price, but the cage is scary. Whenever I see a knee bar, I do an about face and look elsewhere. The "A" pillar tubes also look quite intrusive too. They should be tucked in nice and close to the car's "A" pillars. It's clear they didn't want to remove the dash to do the cage 'right'.

Ed's car is a MUCH better choice!!! The fabrication work is second to none!! The old adage holds true... you get what you pay for.
                        Thanks for the kind words Ron. Coming from you, that is a huge compliment

Comment

Originally posted by EdPhillips View Post
                          Thanks for the kind words Ron. Coming from you, that is a huge compliment
                          I'd love Ed's car, saw pictures of it a few times, drooled a lot. It just too expensive for me to spend that type of cash just to flog on the track. I'm blessed enough to be in the e30 M3 game, but not that blessed lol.
                          1988 BMW M3 Alpine/Black
                          1988 BMW M3 DS/Grey
                          1989 BMW M3 Zinno/Tan
                          1990 BMW M3 Alpine/Black

Comment

Working...
                          X