This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS 1989 M3 71k original miles

The story goes like this. . . About 10 years ago my father retired and having been in the car business his entire life, decided to build up a car collection. One day he came to me wanting an E30 M3 for the collection. I searched for a couple months and found this car in California with 70,500 original miles.
    The previous owner went through every aspect of the car to ensure the mechanical condition. Below is brief description of some of the work he had done.

"My goal was to provide myself the assurance that this 17-year-old car would provide me the reliability that my new cars afford me….this required preventative investment. I had hoses & belts replaced regardless if they needed them or not. The clutch was replaced, EVO spark plug wires, full tune-up and Valve adjustment completed. All fluids flushed and replaced. During this time brand new crossed drilled rotors, brake lines and differential cover installed…..all by South Bay Independent. We did not stop there the SBI custom short shifter was installed and EVO red seatbelts and VDO gauges for Oil Pressure and Volts were added where the ashtray was formally. Several thousand dollars in maintenance has already been invested in a car with fewer miles than 95% of remaining M3’s on the road.
    Now for the performance stuff, Turner Motorsport cam, Conforti ECU from Turner Motorsports; the original ECU is also included with car, E36 tension modification. No other engine modifications, zero internals. 100% OEM BMW. OEM EVO front and rear wings while getting painted I had the front bumper re-painted and a new windshield installed (no rust anywhere on this car). The paint is original and I assure you it looks fantastic for a 1989 car…the compliments are daily when she goes out to show her stuff. I had the badges done in the mono scheme to stay in the Alpine/Grey/Black color family and look terrific.
    I then replaced all the lights to clear lenses and new bulbs to freshen up the front and added the European grill. This coupled with the new PIAA wipers (with built in spoilers) completed that face…until I installed the EVO III splitter below the EVO II spoiler. EVO hood gaskets were installed for and aft…yes to fill the rear bumper gap! The M3 has front and rear strut bars and Sport Springs. Now comes the wheels and tires, the Ronals are 17”.
    The Steering wheel is a Momo Driver (this after trying 3 different wheels) and a Hamman shifter and Momo boot. I have the E30 arm rest and as mentioned a cluster of gauges replaces the ashtray.
    The stereo has been upgraded. In addition a 500 dollar Viper alarm system with paging and remote start options is included. The factory OEM radio is included in this auction.

Everything works, I mean everything, and the AC blows Ice cold, the heater hot. The sunroof, the lights, the door windows…EVERYTHING.
    4 keys with two alarm modules, all manuals including factory M3 owners guide in a BMW leather binder. 2 inches of receipts and warranties.
    The windows have been tinted with “fader” tint which IMO blends into the White roof…a personal choice but one that can obviously be removed.

6 years later and we have put less than 1000 miles on it, only driving it to keep the seals fresh and tires round.

Car is located in Salt Lake City, UT and price is $22,500
    [email protected]

Last edited by evo1313; 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM.

nice one.
    sigpic

1989 BMW M3 ALPINE WHITE II/SRD M CLOTH
    1995 BMW M3 DAYTONA/DOVE SOLD
    1995 BMW M3 AVUS/BLACK
    1998 BMW M3 ESTORIL/DOVE SEDAN SOLD
    1999 BMW M3 TITANIUM/DOVE CONV. SOLD
    1999 BMW M3 COSMOS/SAND BEIGE SOLD
    2003 BMW M5 ALPINE WHITE/BLACK SOLD
    2004 BMW M3 SILVERGRAY/IMOLA
    2007 BMW M5 SAPPHIRE/INDY

Comment

Nice car, and nice Nova SS stablemate too!!! :^)
      Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
      • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
      • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
      • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
      • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
      • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
      • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
      • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
      • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
      • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Sent PM.
        sigpic

Comment

very nice car
          ...and thats a damn good eye Ron ///Man

Comment

Car's beautiful. Mods are terrible. Price is great.
            sigpic

Comment

This will be gone shortly.

If only it was April :(

Comment

Just my opinion but I think this is a steal. Wish I wasn't overflowing in cars right now...
                95 540i M-Sport Alpine/black 56k miles
                01 M3 Imola/black 37k miles
                99 M3 Cosmos/black 63k miles For Sale
                98 911 C4S Polar silver/black 56k miles SOLD
                99 M3 Cosmos/Mulberry 40k miles For Sale
                08 M3 Silverstone/silver 13k miles
                89 M3 Lachssilber/black 76k miles
                95 540i M-Sport Cosmos/black 160k miles
                98 M3 Arctic silver 40k miles SOLD
                91 M5 Silver SOLD
                99 M3 Fern SOLD
                06 M3 ZCP S3R Alpine SOLD
                99 M3 Cosmos SOLD
                04 M3 Vert Tiag SOLD
                03 M3 Carbon SOLD
                02 M3 Imola SOLD
                88 M3 Alpine/black SOLD

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. All PM's and emails have been responded to.
                  Good eye on the Nova (396/375hp), sadly that one has been sold.

Comment

As of right now, the M is 99% sold.
                    Just awaiting the wire transfer.
                    I will update when its final.

Comment

SOLD, for the asking price to the nicest guy I have ever met when buying or selling a car!

Comment

Originally posted by scrv1 View Post
                        ......and thats a damn good eye Ron ///Man
                        I used to have one. The vents on the hood are a dead give-away.

Originally posted by evo1313 View Post
                        ...Good eye on the Nova (396/375hp), sadly that one has been sold....
                        Ahhh, so it was a '69, or '70? Glad you found a good home for the M3. I was tempted myself but have 4 already. I'm sure the wife would not agree that I need another.
                        Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                        • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                        • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                        • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                        • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                        • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                        • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                        • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                        • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                        • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

I missed this one by a couple of hours, timing is everything in life ! Looks like its going to Ohio.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X