Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone know anything about this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know anything about this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...S%3A1123#v4-42

Thanks

There's been multiple threads, maybe half dozen or so, about it over the last year.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
      There's been multiple threads, maybe half dozen or so, about it over the last year.
      found some threads on it but didn't have any in depth info on the car. Was hoping someone knew some real details.

If someone Knows of a reputable person thats close SF (don't wanna take anybody too far out of their way) to do a 3rd party inspection of this car please PM me.
      thnx!
      Last edited by pauliecarzz; 04-08-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

This car has been for sale for as long as I have been looking for an M3. Seriously, since last July. I'm several hours away so I can't go look at it as much as I'd like to.

Will
        '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
        '88 M3

Comment

Completely understandable! thank you anyway.

Comment

Two previous owners on this thread:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51155

Contact Modena 1 as he owned it most recently before it went back out to California.
            1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
            1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
            1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Originally posted by L James View Post
              Two previous owners on this thread:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51155

Contact Modena 1 as he owned it most recently before it went back out to California.
              James,

Since your are the "Bible" on E30 M3s for sale...any inside information you could pass along on quality E34 M5s for sale?

Cheers,
              Igor

Comment

Originally posted by pauliecarzz View Post
                Ive seen this car in person at TOPLINE in Burlingame Ca

It looks very clean and has nice upgrades. I believe autocheck states prior accident but not exactly sure. I think for the asking price I would go with another example. Just my :2c:

Good luck
                Last edited by Davidzm; 04-09-2012, 11:19 AM.
                sigpic

1989 BMW M3 ALPINE WHITE II/SRD M CLOTH
                1995 BMW M3 DAYTONA/DOVE SOLD
                1995 BMW M3 AVUS/BLACK
                1998 BMW M3 ESTORIL/DOVE SEDAN SOLD
                1999 BMW M3 TITANIUM/DOVE CONV. SOLD
                1999 BMW M3 COSMOS/SAND BEIGE SOLD
                2003 BMW M5 ALPINE WHITE/BLACK SOLD
                2004 BMW M3 SILVERGRAY/IMOLA
                2007 BMW M5 SAPPHIRE/INDY

Comment

found some threads on it but didn't have any in depth info on the car. Was hoping someone knew some real details.

If someone Knows of a reputable person thats close SF (don't wanna take anybody too far out of their way) to do a 3rd party inspection of this car please PM me.
                  thnx!
                  Paulie - I've followed this car on the internet for years. It was one of my favorite cars back when roadfly was popular for BMWs. It was owned by Leo at the time.

I saw this car in person back in '04 at a driving school in Phoenix when it was purchase by the owner from CA. It reconfirmed that it was a nice example of one at that time.

Alejandro (Modena 1) purchased it back in '07 and had it shipped to NY area. I saw it when it arrived but it was at night and rainy. It still looked as nice as when I saw it a few years prior.

Not long after Alejandro sold it offline to a Ferrari collector he knew in California. From there I'd imagine he most have sold / traded it to Topline.

Originally posted by Davidzm View Post
                  Ive seen this car in person at TOPLINE in Burlingame Ca

It looks very clean and has nice upgrades. I believe autocheck states prior accident but not exactly sure. I think for the asking price I would go with another example. Just my :2c:

Good luck
                  David - the nice upgrades are very rare and would more than cover your perceived premium on the price of the car. The mirrors alone I have seen retail for over $1,500 if you could find them. Add the Evo III undertray and spilter as well as the Evo III wing; you're getting the car for $25K. Those upgrades are desirable and worth the difference.

Now, I've not had the in depth look at the car as you might have, but an 80K mile car is priced somewhere in the $20-35K region depending on where you're looking these days. Have you seen what Enthusiast Auto is asking for a car in this mileage range today? Of course, that is the top end of the scale.

Originally posted by igor700 View Post
                  James,

Since your are the "Bible" on E30 M3s for sale...any inside information you could pass along on quality E34 M5s for sale?

Cheers,
                  Igor
                  Igor, what are you looking at? My old M5 was recently up for sale again. I think it had ~19K miles at the time. Feel free to PM to discuss

Comment

Here there,
                    no one is bashing the car here. Just saying its a nice example but there must be a good reason it hasn't sold yet after many many attempts. People tamper with miles all the time. Look at the autocheck history for yourself. That could be a possibility.

In regards to the parts being extremely rare has nothing to do with overall condition of the vehicle.
                    Last edited by Davidzm; 04-09-2012, 11:54 AM.
                    sigpic

1995 BMW M3 AVUS/BLACK

Comment

I am neither supporting nor questioning Davidzm's input... I've test driven other cars offered by this seller before and every one of them was NOT worth anywhere near the asking price. I did see this car briefly in person at the 2011 Legends of the Autobahn and clearly felt that it was not worth the $30K asking price at the time.
                      Last edited by Narayan3; 04-09-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Narayan3 View Post
                        I am neither supporting nor questioning Davidzm's input... I've test driven multiple cars offered by Evan Esterman before and every one of them was NOT worth anywhere near the asking price. I did see this car briefly in person at the 2011 Legends of the Autobahn and clearly felt that it was not worth the $30K asking price at the time.
                        Ya Ive seen evans other 2 e30 m3's. The one with the red interior has rust he calls minor. and the other one has the mismatched seats. Those cars are at his San carlos warehouse. I just looked at them from the outside.

But he has a super clean e24 m6 in his garage!
                        sigpic

1995 BMW M3 AVUS/BLACK

Comment

Thanks for the Great input! Will take it all in and digest it. wish I had a few more to jungle with but as of now there arent any out there with decent miles although Enthusiast Auto Group has a bunch of really Nice ones but his prices are just OuTRageous and not even close to what most have sold for in the past. He Wont even negotiate, prices are just about Firm! NutZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Davidzm View Post
                            Here there,
                            no one is bashing the car here. Just saying its a nice example but there must be a good reason it hasn't sold yet after many many attempts. People tamper with miles all the time. Look at the autocheck history for yourself. That could be a possibility.

In regards to the parts being extremely rare has nothing to do with overall condition of the vehicle.
                            David, my intent was to justify the asking price if one was to purchase this car. You are correct in it has been for sale for quite some time. Like I said, I've not had a in depth look at this car.

Regarding the parts, certain parts these days could justify the price. Specifically the items mentioned, since they are now NLA to the US market and the mirrors NLA to the worldwide market; if one wanted these parts for a car they could easily pay this price.

Originally posted by Narayan3 View Post
                            I am neither supporting nor questioning Davidzm's input... I've test driven other cars offered by this seller before and every one of them was NOT worth anywhere near the asking price. I did see this car briefly in person at the 2011 Legends of the Autobahn and clearly felt that it was not worth the $30K asking price at the time.
                            Since both you and David feel this way about the car, it must be the general perception on this car; thus it not selling.

Thanks for the Great input! Will take it all in and digest it. wish I had a few more to jungle with but as of now there arent any out there with decent miles although Enthusiast Auto Group has a bunch of really Nice ones but his prices are just OuTRageous and not even close to what most have sold for in the past. He Wont even negotiate, prices are just about Firm! NutZZZ
                            Paulie - you must be able to judge these for yourself. It's your standard that must be satisfied. Make sure you get to view as many as you can, therefore you can better judge and know when the right one comes along. Patience is key... You'll find the right one when the time is right.

Comment

Working...
                            X