Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1989 E30 M3, Brilliant Red - Black, $15,500 (New Jersey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1989 E30 M3, Brilliant Red - Black, $15,500 (New Jersey)

I am reluctantly selling my M3 [WBSAK0307K2198117], brilliant red with black interior. The car was destined to be a track car, but before it was torn down, my fiancé secretly bought it, had it rebuilt to stock, and gave it to me for our wedding. Unfortunately, since then I have had little time/money to finish the restoration. Here are some highlights:

- New bottom up engine rebuild withall new BMW factory parts (approx 8k miles on engine), 1st oversize pistons, E36 M3 chain tensioner, plenum & valve cover powder coated, injectors cleaned and mapped. Engine runs excellent.
    - Car repainted with all ancillary body parts (bumper covers, wing, etc) and drivetrain removed
    - New BMW OEM grilles, headlights, side marker lights, turn signal lights
    - New clutch kit, master and slave cylinder, and hoses
    - New BMW OEM windshield
    - New Bilstein shocks/struts
    - New engine & transmission mounts, flex disc, shock mounts, PS hoses, O2 sensor
    - Redline trans and diff oil, Mobil1 15W50 engine oil
    - Original tan interior replaced with excellent condition black interior (purchased from E30M3 SIG member). Only one small tear in driver seat bolster.
    - Chassis has 309k miles, but is very clean, no rust or body damage, car not driven in winters and always garaged.
    - Will include custom-fit Bavarian Auto car cover
    - Transmission shifts fine, but rattles a little in neutral w/ clutch engaged. I bought a low-mileage replacement tranny from a SIG member ~2005, but never installed. I will include with the car
    - Passed NJ mechanical and emissions inspection in 2010

Some issues that I never got around to finishing:
    - ABS does not work (damaged wheel speed sensor wires, maybe needs control unit)
    - Tach and water temp gages erratic when cold, probably needs SI board/battery replacement.
    - No radio
    - AC is original and not working.
    - Probably needs rear sub-frame mounts
    - OEM size tires have <50% tread
    - Brake pads/rotors have <50%life
    - Fog lights not installed, need repair/replacement

Pictures of the car that I took last year can be seen in the following link. I also pulled a Carfax and will send if interested.
    http://s907.photobucket.com/albums/ac277/letove/1989%20BMW%20E30%20M3/

I’m asking $15,500 or best reasonable offer, which includes car, spare tranny and car cover. Car is located in New Jersey (about 50 miles northwest of NYC).

Please reply if you have questions or would like additional information.
    Thanks,
    [B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Vinny

That is one cool fiance... GLWS

Comment

Beautiful e30. I'd be afraid to modify it - so original! I also wish I had the funds...

Comment

Nice car.
        hope you find it a good home.
        GLWS
        jimmy p.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Wow, the first one I have seen with 300k miles. GLWS
          sigpic

Comment

If anyone has this seller's contact info please pm me as he doesn't seem to check this site or his email attached to this sight too often.

Thank you.

Comment

i have some emails from him with pictures and answers to many questions, pm me if you would like me to forward. his email is

Comment

man so nice, just hate the miles are so high. I'm in the market and may still consider.

Comment

I emailed the owner a few days ago using the email s65b40 provided. The Seller indicated the car was sold.

Comment

I've said it many times before....mileage alone means very little...need to look "big picture" when searching out one of these cars. My bet is the first buyer that actually looked at the car in person snagged it! If you hesitate "only" because of mileage you can miss out!

Comment

Working...
                    X