Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS 1990 DS M3 - Only 85k Miles! Tasteful Upgrades

Hi.

As I enter my fourth year of ownership of this beast, I find myself in a position where I want to sell it. The car is in wonderful shape and has always been cared for with an open checkbook (receipts in a binder dating all the way back to the first owner).

The facts:

Only 85 k miles
    In warm climates until my CT tenure (always properly stored and covered in winters/NEVER allowed out until all salt and sand are gone)
    Full service history and records since 1991 (STACKS of receipts)
    Clean CarFax (no wrecks)
    Never raced or tracked
    VIN number labels on all panels, trunk, engine, lid, hood and doors (never in an accident)
    All original BMW glass with soft seals
    Complete tool kit, spare, jack assembly
    All BMW books (including oft-missing M3 book)
    1990 BMW Brochure
    Build sheet copy (original returned to its nesting place
    Very tasteful, common, best upgrades
    One great quality, windows-out repaint in original Diamond Black (Diamond Schwarz)
    All seals great, including sunroof
    Great patina to light gray (silber) interior ( not beaten up and never smoked in)
    A/C, trip computer (and all its functions), sunroof, gauges, power mirrors, interior and dash lights, power windows all function as intended

The car has some wonderful, tasteful upgrades, including:

New Fully adjustable Konis and new bushings at all 4 corners
    Tuner Motorsports/Jim Conforti Chip
    Supersprint DTM exhaust (includes two center sections: dual catalysts and SuperSprint center)
    Evo 2 front spoiler with splitter (not OEM)
    Genuine BMW Motorsports carbon fiber rear spoiler with adjustable Gurney flap
    Evo 2 airbox (stock and standard on 1990 models)
    Genuine BMW BBS 17" staggered wheels with Dunlop Direzza tires (5- original BMW BBS basketweaves included-tires are ancient)
    Genuine BMW Motorsports Sparco strut tower brace
    Evo3 red exterior belt stripe
    Alpine head unit with MP3/IPOd input jack in glove box (OEM BMW radio too)
    Euro lense/parking light/angel eye headlights
    Short, highly precise short shifter with leather boot and weighted knob
    Gotta be forgetting some other "shtuff"

Runs like a clock, and can be driven anywhere.

All in all, a very attractive, never raced, never hit driver with tasteful upgrades; complete service history; and some great, mild performance improvements

As I am usually quite busy, I have consigned the car to the Classic Car Gallery. Pictures are here: http://classiccargallery.com/details.php?id=534&g=1
    They have the car exclusively, and will take the time that I don't have to fully discuss it with you.

So please call Alan or Steve for details or to provide an offer (bid)...They really are honest gearheads with the same car "problem" that we all have.

Andy
    Last edited by e30ltwt; 07-04-2012, 07:33 AM.

Oh yes.....

I knew I would remember more bits.

It has an oil pan baffle installed (in the records)

Comment

It's a nice looking M3. With four years of ownership under your belt, I'd assume by now you'd know about the going price of a typical e30 M3. Put a price, this is not Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideM3 View Post
        It's a nice looking M3. With four years of ownership under your belt, I'd assume by now you'd know about the going price of a typical e30 M3. Put a price, this is not Ebay.
        well, instead of being a smartass how about you click on the link provided to see the price asked?

Comment

SlideM3 - look before you leap. Let's keep it on topic. Kubatron good luck with your sale.. Seems like a well kept and documented M3.

Comment

Originally posted by kubatron View Post
            well, instead of being a smartass how about you click on the link provided to see the price asked?
            I stand corrected. To the op, sorry if I offended you. I still love your car!

Comment

Thanks Kubatron and Alpine_M5 . Thanks for stepping up withe the apology too, SlideM3

It's actually my car.

From what I hear from the boys at CCG, the car may be on deposit effective today. I am uncertain of the precise status.

What I do know for certain is that the gent who may soon own her is from PA. Anyone here?

Comment

Working...
              X