Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 88 Lachsilber in TX (No Affiliation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 88 Lachsilber in TX (No Affiliation)

Just browsing local craigslist when I came across this and thought someone might be interested (no affiliation):

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3251573971.html

Is there anyone local to this car that can take a look at it for me?
    John 3:17

Comment

I'm local (I'm in Austin and the car is in New Braunfels, which is about 30-45 min. away), but unfortunately I'm leaving town for a week in a day or two. I don't know where you're located, but if I were you, I would have the owner bring the car to Terry Sayther's (http://www.terrysaytherauto.com/) for a PPI and possibly a compression test. It's only about a 30 min drive and if the guy is serious he should have no problem doing this. Additionally, you can tell him that even if you don't buy the car he can use the PPI for any other interested parties.

Comment

AriA,

Thank you! I appreciate the advice - I didn't know that TS was close to New Braunfels (heck, I don't know anything about Texas

Earlier today I spoke with the owner - he is a really nice guy and seems to be an enthusiast. I'll ping him about the PPI at TS.

Comment

What is the asking price?
          sigpic

Comment

Lachs with Black interior....SWEET! Looks like a solid car from the few pics in the ad.

Comment

Yep, super close (esp. for Texas). Let me know how things go, and if I am around when/if things get serious I'd be happy to help you out with anything you might need.

Comment

Originally posted by aria View Post
                yep, super close (esp. For texas). Let me know how things go, and if i am around when/if things get serious i'd be happy to help you out with anything you might need.
                ygpm

Comment

Originally posted by Tom64 View Post
                  What is the asking price?
                  Seller said first $19k takes it.

Comment

is the seller on here? what's the service/maintenance history on the car?
                    Franklin Joseph
                    04 Z4
                    03 X5
                    95 M3

Comment

Originally posted by kubatron View Post
                      Seller said first $19k takes it.
                      Sounds like a fair price if all things check out....
                      sigpic

Comment

Im 20 min away in San Antonio. I emailed him and he told me he doesnt have any records for the rebuild. I might be able to meet the guy.

Comment

No records and radiator overheated to the extent that the grills deformed. Could be cause for concern for interested buyers.

Comment

Working...
                          X