Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not mine:DS/Grey E30 M3 for sale Allentown PA craigslist ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not mine:DS/Grey E30 M3 for sale Allentown PA craigslist ad

    Saw this while browsing through CL

    http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/3780734834.html
    sigpic

    1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

  • #2
    If this car was in great condition cosmetically and mechanically is the price on target? I haven't seen many 120k mile examples pop up so it is hard for me to judge. I see most 70-90K cars asking in the 30's but I am not sure what they are actually selling for. Thanks!

    Comment


    • #3
      With those wheels, interior and paint I think he is about $5k too high. Given those 'mods' I would also suggest that it is not in great shape mechanically but that is pure conjecture and I could be woefully mistaken.

      Comment


      • #4
        Car looks familiar to me....if it's the same one that I'm thinking of it was far sale in Reading, PA several years ago...and as I recall it may have had some issues. I just cannot say for certain.

        I remember going to Allentown in '09 to help a fellow enthusiast out in CA by checking out a super nice red E30 M3 (owned by George who was on this forum). It had around 109k miles, Alpha N and several nice mods...overall mostly original but modified with gauges, Alphs-N, etc....track pipe (LOUD!)...I will never forget meeting George and driving that one! The car sold to someone out West and I think it went for around $19k...those days are long gone huh? Nice car!

        John

        Comment


        • #5
          What amazes me is that i also have a house in Allentown and i go about once a month or so and in the last 7 years of ownership i have never seen an E30 M3 or many BMWs in general in that area..
          sigpic

          1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fronton View Post
            With those wheels, interior and paint I think he is about $5k too high. Given those 'mods' I would also suggest that it is not in great shape mechanically but that is pure conjecture and I could be woefully mistaken.
            I think you are being generous with the 5k over priced statement. I have purchased a bunch of cars ( i flipped cars throughout high school and college). I figure that a car with those miles and in good shape is probably in the $25K range in today market. Then subtract everything that would have to be done to get it into reasonably original condition. ~$6k for paint, ~$2k for interior , probably another $1k for other misc items. Than factor in your time and what its worth to you . That is ,if you are going to spend $25K total you might as well get something that you don't need to repair. I would not pay more than $15K for it unless there was something that i missed that makes it more valuable to me.

            Having said that I personally would not buy this even for $15K. Something just rubs me the wrong way about it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by albaaboog View Post
              I think you are being generous with the 5k over priced statement. I have purchased a bunch of cars ( i flipped cars throughout high school and college). I figure that a car with those miles and in good shape is probably in the $25K range in today market. Then subtract everything that would have to be done to get it into reasonably original condition. ~$6k for paint, ~$2k for interior , probably another $1k for other misc items. Than factor in your time and what its worth to you . That is ,if you are going to spend $25K total you might as well get something that you don't need to repair. I would not pay more than $15K for it unless there was something that i missed that makes it more valuable to me.

              Having said that I personally would not buy this even for $15K. Something just rubs me the wrong way about it.
              Interesting view on this. It seems to me though, the cars with perfect paint and perfect/fair everything else are going for high 20's or even low 30's now (unless you jump on a deal).
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shadye30 View Post
                What amazes me is that i also have a house in Allentown and i go about once a month or so and in the last 7 years of ownership i have never seen an E30 M3 or many BMWs in general in that area..

                Yeah I live right outside Allentown and I've never seen a E30 M3.
                -Darren

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
                  Car looks familiar to me....if it's the same one that I'm thinking of it was far sale in Reading, PA several years ago...and as I recall it may have had some issues. I just cannot say for certain.

                  I remember going to Allentown in '09 to help a fellow enthusiast out in CA by checking out a super nice red E30 M3 (owned by George who was on this forum). It had around 109k miles, Alpha N and several nice mods...overall mostly original but modified with gauges, Alphs-N, etc....track pipe (LOUD!)...I will never forget meeting George and driving that one! The car sold to someone out West and I think it went for around $19k...those days are long gone huh? Nice car!

                  John

                  I do believe you're right with the Reading area. It was too long ago either maybe 2 years.
                  -Darren

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I saw that car in person last week and it looks pretty nice not to mention its Todd Croslys car. If you don't know him or haven't seen his turbo m3 that he did years ago I will say he has 1 of the nicest and lowest mile e30 m3s ive ever scene. His work and attention to detail is on point. With the price of these cars going up daily I don't think hes that far out of range as far as price,if he doesn't get it this year he will probably get it next year.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X