Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to help somebody sell a clean original E30 M3, 114k miles, Alpine white CA car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to help somebody sell a clean original E30 M3, 114k miles, Alpine white CA car

I found out about this car last year when I was in the market for one myself. It was never advertised on any of the popular sites, so the marketing of it never went mainstream and I believe that is the only reason why it hasn't sold yet. I never saw the car in person but emailed with the owner many times when I was interested. The only reason I didn’t go after this car was because I wanted a swap engine car and it would have been a shame to ruin this one.

The story on the car is that the owners lived in Germany and bough their daughter an E30 M3, brought it to CA when they moved back to the US. After a few years it got stolen. They then bought her a nice “one-owner” car to replace it, so she is the 2nd owner. During that time she lived in Santa Rosa, CA, but a few years ago moved to San Francisco because of work and did not want to take the E30 there for obvious reasons. So it isn’t being used much anymore and that is why they want to sell it.

I just emailed with the owner for an unrelated thing and we got talking abut the car. It is still for sale. It really sounds like a solid example. There are not a whole lot of cars with this mileage and originality around. I think they are looking to get $25k for it. I have no stakes in this, just trying to do them a favor by mentioning it on s14.net. Please pm me if you are interested and I will fwd the seller email.

Please serious inquiries only. The last thing I want is for them to get bombarded with tire kickers. They know what they have and will not be worked on price. Click image for larger version

Name:	89 m3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	847157

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
    Jeremy Clarkson

Pictures don't show up as attachments, so you will have to use a photo hosting site like Flickr or photobucket. If you don't have an account, email the pics to me and I'll post them for you. brandon_wheaton at hotmail.com.
    Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
    1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
    2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
    http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Brandon,

Thanks for your help. I just sent you some pics.

BTW, it is an 89 model year. The interior is black as you will be able to see on the pics. From what I can tell the rear seats were redone at some point and it looks like a bad upholstery job, but that is a fairly small issue I think and is factored in to the asking price.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
      Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

pics please
        Joseph.EOD At Gmail.com

Comment

Joseph, I emailed you the pics.

I can email them upon request for now. Brandon will post the pictures in a few hours though

Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Joseph, I emailed you the pics.

I can email them upon request for now. Brandon will post the pictures in a few hours though

Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Here we go. I love AW on black and would jump on it in a heartbeat if I had the cash. I hope the car goes quickly to a great home!

Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton

Register your E30 M3!

Comment

Looks to be in GREAT shape!
                Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Looks to be very original...nice color combo! I'd recommend that they buy the plastic wiring harness covers that conceal the wiring along the firewall....will dress up the engine compartment big time!...and it's a cheap fix. Alot of the engine bay looks to be very original too!

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
                    Looks to be very original...nice color combo! I'd recommend that they buy the plastic wiring harness covers that conceal the wiring along the firewall....will dress up the engine compartment big time!...and it's a cheap fix. Alot of the engine bay looks to be very original too!
                    I agree, that is a $30 part or so and 1 minute install. I'll pass the suggestion on.

Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

I'm curious about what seems to be somewhat excessive corrosion on the throttle body and linkage, but it's probably more minor than it looks. With a little spit and polish and a few replacement parts, the engine compartment will look great. The rear seats need immediate attention, but the fronts don't seem to have more than slightly below average wear. I love that the car seems 100% original (save for the shift boot).

I really wish I had the cash to give this car a good home and preserve its original condition. I have my zinno car to tinker with and upgrade :^)
                      Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton

Register your E30 M3!

Comment

He must really have not been trying to sell this very hard. By the looks of it I think he could sell it in a couple of weeks max for that price and assuming it runs/ drives as good as it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          I'm curious about what seems to be somewhat excessive corrosion on the throttle body and linkage, but it's probably more minor than it looks. With a little spit and polish and a few replacement parts, the engine compartment will look great. The rear seats need immediate attention, but the fronts don't seem to have more than slightly below average wear. I love that the car seems 100% original (save for the shift boot, front ashtray insert, and window breaker switch).

I really wish I had the cash to give this car a good home and preserve its original condition. I have my zinno car to tinker with and upgrade :^)
                          Fixed
                          Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
                          3/87 Henna

Comment

Originally posted by albaaboog View Post
                            He must really have not been trying to sell this very hard. By the looks of it I think he could sell it in a couple of weeks max for that price and assuming it runs/ drives as good as it looks.
                            He really hasn't. I think he works in Germany and the car is in his brothers garage in Santa Rosa, CA. They are BMW CCA members and I have only seen it advertised on an old BMW forum. At the time I was searching for a car, he was looking to get high 20's for it, and had a couple of people interested, but was holding out for top dollar. Personally I think the car is worth mid 20's, give or take, depending on it needing a thing or two, or not! The owner did emphasize many times that the car is all original and was maintained well, as the brother is a mechanic and owns several BMW's.

Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Eagle eye!

Originally posted by M drei 88 View Post
                              Fixed
                              Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton

Register your E30 M3!