Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AW with Black Int. 133K for $17,900

Hi Everyone,

I had been looking for an M3 for the better part of a year and just bought one. In my travels I have found the one in the link below and passed on it. However, it seems like a good car and I thought someone in this group might be interested. I have no stake in this just trying to uncover a car that is not well advertised. BTW the seller seems like an honest and very nice guy named Kermit. Please call him directly if you are interested and please only call him if you are truly interested since I don't think he will flex much on the price. Good Luck!

http://www.mountainautosports.com/mo...6599312|329464

I would guess that this car had some rust repair done to it. It seem that the seller took pictures of all the rust prone areas of an e30 m and they are super clean. This would tell me that the seller is very familiar with the car and knows where they tend to rust or he knows the areas because he had it repaired. Can some one confirm if the plastic anchors that hold the license plate in are white or were they sprayed over? I guess depending on the quality of the paint work seems like a good deal.

Comment

Good questions. When I spoke to Kermit he told me that this was a California car (I am 99% sure) and that he took the pics to show there was no rust. Also motor runs strong but the car was in an accident. Fr drivers side gender is a replacement I believe. One other thing I noticed was the chip out of the front passenger side bumper. Kermit sent me a bunch of additional photos of the car that I am happy to send along, just not sure how to post them.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I believe the seller is Kermit Upton. He's a pretty well known race / rally car driver. Suggest you google his name. I don't think he would represent the car. I do not know him, but have been by that shop once before while attending a wedding years ago.
        1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
        1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
        1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

James,

Didn't you mean to say "I don't think he would mis-represent the car"?

John

P.S. The car does look like it might be a good one for the money for someone!

Originally posted by L James View Post
          Gentlemen,

I believe the seller is Kermit Upton. He's a pretty well known race / rally car driver. Suggest you google his name. I don't think he would represent the car. I do not know him, but have been by that shop once before while attending a wedding years ago.

Comment

From what the pictures show, the car doesn't look too bad. I'd wager that the seller would get a few grand more if they were to clean the car up, give it a proper detail and take some new pictures. I hope the car finds a good home!
            Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
            1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
            2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
            http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Ooh, Built 72 cars before mine!

I believe this car is in Vermont. I' tried seeing one time while i was upo there boarding. didn't get around to it though.

Definitely one of the cheaper ones out there right now. Surprised she's still around!

Comment

has anyone seen this car?tried calling.the place but no.answer?

Comment

Originally posted by JFKPA View Post
                  Good questions. When I spoke to Kermit he told me that this was a California car (I am 99% sure) and that he took the pics to show there was no rust. Also motor runs strong but the car was in an accident. Fr drivers side gender is a replacement I believe. One other thing I noticed was the chip out of the front passenger side bumper. Kermit sent me a bunch of additional photos of the car that I am happy to send along, just not sure how to post them.
                  I was told the car is from Oregon, but spent the last 10 years in storage in Vermont. The title is salvaged probably due to a front-end collision. The front cap was probably replaced.

Comment

Well if the car has a salvaged title the seller should have disclosed that along with what all was done to the car (repairs. etc). Just replacing a front fender shouldn't cause a car to be totalled....although I've heard of some pretty nice cars having salvaged titles that were really not that badly damaged...and that's a shame (but it happens)! This would help explain the very reasonable asking price. Still, it may be a solid car for someone.

Originally posted by bdaddylo View Post
                    I was told the car is from Oregon, but spent the last 10 years in storage in Vermont. The title is salvaged probably due to a front-end collision. The front cap was probably replaced.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on the past location... I was looking at a bunch of cars and must have mixed it up. Also, I was unaware of the salvage title and would have been pissed if I drove up there to find that out. Might not be a bad car but certainly not a car without some flaws.

Comment

Working...
                      X