Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any info on this car? - Chicago CL

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3796027341.html

Milage is off from carfax, he said it was due to not passing smog in CA and the owner used a friends car to pass. He said this was confirmed on s14.net, but he is not a member.
    Looks like an interesting car.
    Thanks for any help.

i was thinking of buying this car in 2011, he wanted $18,900 but i got him down to $17k until i found this info.. Hope this helps!

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52115

this is what he said

The first link is the car,. I read what people said and thats the story i was told, the guy i bought it from had 2 M3's and he used one to pass both SMOG tests thats why there is a millage error.

No leaks at all !!! none.
    Listen, the least i can do is 17k, and believe me, i invested much more into it. As we both can see i got screwed, you have friends who helped you, i jumped on it without doing my homework, and thats my loss. So 17k take it or leave it.
    The car didn't sell at co part, the owner wanted 17k for it and he got less so he pulled it off, and than i bought it, from the owner, when i checked the carfax it had only one owner, and 104k miles. So if there are people who saw this car before with 190k than i guess i got screwed as well.

Ben Thongsai, is the guy who did all the work, google his name, he is the BMW master here in Chicago, first thing i did i took the car to him, and everything was done, and i asked him to check everything and see what it needs and he said that everything is the way it should be, the engine was serviced, full tune up, valve adjustment, all the sensors replaced, rear diff rebuild...... you can call him and ask, i am not trying to hide anything. Everything in the car works, all the gauges, all the lights, shifts smoothly, the wheels are like new.

I read the e-mail you sent and there it says that the car had nothing functional, thats not the case now. If you want me to send you more pics or videos or close ups of specific items just ask.

Comment

Thanks MYE30MMM.
      Something just seemed a bit off about the car.

Comment

Spelling mistakes, no mileage listed... ugh. Caveat emptor.
        ‹OO==[][]=ᴹᴲOO›
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, seller is pretty lazy. I asked to see some more shots, and specified what I wanted to see. He just sent me high res versions of the pics he has up on the CL ad.

Comment

My #1 Rule when car shopping...."Feel good about the seller!....if the seller is not forthcoming and doesn't answer each & EVERY question you have, walk...no run!" Honest sellers are a must IMO, even if it means possibly passing up a nice car...just not worth the risk to me!

Comment

I am looking for another amd called, this guy was not very forthcoming,....

Comment

Originally posted by KDAWG97M3 View Post
                I am looking for another amd called, this guy was not very forthcoming,....

Let me be more specific. The orginal owner not current owner. I haven't contacted this owner. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by KDAWG97M3 View Post
                  Let me be more specific. The orginal owner not current owner. I haven't contacted this owner. Sorry for the confusion.
                  This owner has not really been forthcoming either. I'm just moving on, need to find a car though...

Comment

I've talked to him numerous times. The guy is so full of crap it's not even funny. The copart guy rolled back the miles then he rolled it back after he got it . I've caught him in numerous lies. Car had almost 190k back in 08

Comment

So I was in conversation to buy the car, I ran a car fax, it shows well over 200k, I searched in the vin and it is all over copsrt. I did make an offer of 10k( probably) stupid, but he said a number of people on this forum have offered 14k...vin on the car is wbsak030xj2198000

this car is a mess.......

is it against the rules to keep a sticky with the vins we collect from cars from, not so honest people? This way a simple search will help people with research?
                      Last edited by KDAWG97M3; 05-15-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Got a copy and picture of this car's PPI from a friend that was looking to buy it. I will not share specific but it isn't worth it not even for parts.

guess the owner remove the listing after the many findings.
                        Last edited by MR_X; 05-18-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

mr_x would you be willing to email a copy of that ppi.. im interested in the car i i read what mariano said in the previous thread about the paint drips etc when it was at copart in la and it seems he did some mechanical repairs to it by a well respect tech im curious as to why you would said it's not worth it even for the parts is it a rust bucket? my email is [email protected] if your willing to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by 2pak View Post
                            mr_x would you be willing to email a copy of that ppi.. im interested in the car i i read what mariano said in the previous thread about the paint drips etc when it was at copart in la and it seems he did some mechanical repairs to it by a well respect tech im curious as to why you would said it's not worth it even for the parts is it a rust bucket? my email is [email protected] if your willing to do so.

The car is junk I can vouch as well. I was going to buy the car he won't budge on it, he took is ad down, you ask yourself..,why take the ad down. He knows his car is junk....9k tops...I offered 10, he won't take it..

Comment

i know the car's junk im just asking for the previous guy to expand on his comment... i used to own a boutique m3 dealeship back in the day so ive bought and sold over 600 e46 m3's and e36 m3's... ironically i think you were the one who had a henna roller in atlanta for sale a few yrs ago thats kind of when i began my search and i laugh just because i should have bought that one and ive been kinda looking for a henna roller ever since ...

Comment

Working...
                              X