Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 E30 M3 EVO II - not mine

Saw this today: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861769

But its not an EVOII, its a US car with an Evo2 motor. Big difference between the real deal and a US car with an EVO motor. Don't get me wrong, its a nice looking car, but I think its being improperly marketed. Its got lots of nice parts as well. Its still not the real deal.

Will
    '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
    '88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      But its not an EVOII, its a US car with an Evo2 motor. Don't get me wrong, its a nice looking car, but I think its being improperly marketed.
      Agree.
      Alex
      '89 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/black
      '90 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/gray
      '03 M5 Jet Black/black

Comment

I think he had posted a problem with the low dyno numbers? Caveat emptor

Bryant

Comment

He's a member here as well ask him directly.
          Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

It specifically says the Evo II engine was imported from Europe, i.e. it was added later on
            now you know why I didn't want to advertise it on this forum
            I wasn't going to advertise it as a "1988 US spec E30 M3 with Evo II engine imported from Europe."

What does low dyno numbers have to do with anything? Is the value of a car based on how much power it makes?

Comment

Please disregard my post - my apologies. I had assumed you had engine problems but it's not my buisness to comment on your sale, especially in a public forum. Too late to delete unfortunately :/

Bryant

Originally posted by kmarei View Post
              It specifically says the Evo II engine was imported from Europe, i.e. it was added later on
              now you know why I didn't want to advertise it on this forum
              I wasn't going to advertise it as a "1988 US spec E30 M3 with Evo II engine imported from Europe."

What does low dyno numbers have to do with anything? Is the value of a car based on how much power it makes?

Comment

Why not ? This is an accurate statement.

Comment

Originally posted by cdeason View Post

Why not ? This is an accurate statement.
                  Because I don't need to write the entire story of the car in the thread title
                  all those details are in the text.
                  its funny how I get all these complaints on this forum, while on the 2 other forums I put the car on, not a single negative comment.
                  i also love how all the people complaining about to exact wording, aren't interested in buying the car.

Next time I need advice on how to bash a for sale thread
                  i'll be sure to come here

Comment

Originally posted by blyguy View Post
                    Please disregard my post - my apologies. I had assumed you had engine problems but it's not my buisness to comment on your sale, especially in a public forum. Too late to delete unfortunately :/

Bryant
                    No problem
                    no the car doesn't have any engine problems, it's just not putting out the max power it can achieve.
                    car runs like a champ and was my daily driver for about 8 months, and daily driver split duty with my audi for the other 3 months
                    never had a single mechanical issue with the car
                    touch wood

Comment

I knew the car when James owned it. He loved to drive it but boy did it need paint back then.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        I knew the car when James owned it. He loved to drive it but boy did it need paint back then.
                        I met him recently at a car show at RRT, went and showed him the ECU that had "property of James muskopf" on it
                        he said I can't believe I'm seeing this car again.
                        he also mentioned the paint, but it had been repainted by the next owner after him.
                        My car won the best classic BMW award
                        funny how the car used to be in Reston, Va.
                        went to NY, then back to Reston, VA
                        and the second owner who had it after James, had to sell it because he was traveling to Egypt.
                        and I am Egyptian
                        small world

Comment

Yeah, I knew Mayher too. I remember when he bought it back in 06 ish range.

Comment

Originally posted by kmarei View Post
                            its funny how I get all these complaints on this forum
                            I wasn't complaining. I was simply agreeing that the thread title "FS 1988 E30 M3 Evo II" is not entirely accurate.

I agree you explain as much in the text of the ad.

Don't take my slight criticism of your advertising skills as a slight on your car. You obviously put a lot of time, money and effort into your car, it shows well and will undoubtedly sell for close to, if not your full asking price. If I were looking for a third E30 M3, this would be at the top of my list.
                            Alex
                            '89 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/black
                            '90 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/gray
                            '03 M5 Jet Black/black

Comment

I've been lusting after your wheels if you ever decide to part them out. Otherwise, GLWS!

Comment

Working...
                              X