No announcement yet.

88 E30 M3 EVO II - not mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the car is beautiful. Best of luck with the sale. What might be a good title here for this picky bunch would be "FS 1988 E30 M3 + Evo II"

The engine got me thinking though. There was a thread recently on Pelican in the Porsche section about a guy who found a 911S with an RS engine in it. There was much hand wringing about "could it possibly be a REAL RS engine" because they are rare and very valuable apart from the rest of the car (and not often separated for the car).

Bottom line, I wonder what an EVOII engine will do in the future in terms of value. True, the car isn't stock in US spec anymore, but the engine isn't unrelated to the car and isn't that common. So right now people may split hairs about the engine not being original but in 20 years will people argue about "could it be a real EVOII engine?!?!?" and actually pay more for it?

Food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by monovich View Post
      I think the car is beautiful. Best of luck with the sale. What might be a good title here for this picky bunch would be "FS 1988 E30 M3 + Evo II"

The engine got me thinking though. There was a thread recently on Pelican in the Porsche section about a guy who found a 911S with an RS engine in it. There was much hand wringing about "could it possibly be a REAL RS engine" because they are rare and very valuable apart from the rest of the car (and not often separated for the car).

Bottom line, I wonder what an EVOII engine will do in the future in terms of value. True, the car isn't stock in US spec anymore, but the engine isn't unrelated to the car and isn't that common. So right now people may split hairs about the engine not being original but in 20 years will people argue about "could it be a real EVOII engine?!?!?" and actually pay more for it?

Food for thought.
      thank you

considering BMW only made 501 EVO II engines, this adds a lot to the price.
      I mean if you went out and wanted to buy an Evo II engine, it's not easy
      even more so in the states.
      Whereas if I want a US spec S14, it's pretty easy to find them, since over 5000 were imported.
      Plus I think the Evo II engine is the prettiest with the white cover with the M stripes, it's the most distinctive

Comment

If it can be shown / proven that it's an authentic EVO II engine, then I think it could do nothing but add to the value of the car. I have an authentic EVO III driveline
        in my Faux Sport EVO right down to the AFM, engine harness and ECU. I think it adds tremendously to the value of the car, and all one has to do is authenticate the part numbers on the pieces to prove what it is, and of course remove the lower oil pan to see the oil squirters.
        Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
        • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
        • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
        • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
        • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
        • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
        • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
        • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
        • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
        • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Ron ///Man View Post
          If it can be shown / proven that it's an authentic EVO II engine, then I think it could do nothing but add to the value of the car.

Last edited by kmarei; 07-10-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Hello. 1st post here. I currently have a 99 M3 and looking to purchase a e30 m3. I'm local to this car and am interested in purchasing it. I can't get ahold of the OP so if anyone has any info on this car can you pm me. I'm not looking to make a mistake on my first e30 like I did on my first e36. Thank you. Mike

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
              Hello. 1st post here. I currently have a 99 M3 and looking to purchase a e30 m3. I'm local to this car and am interested in purchasing it. I can't get ahold of the OP so if anyone has any info on this car can you pm me. I'm not looking to make a mistake on my first e30 like I did on my first e36. Thank you. Mike
              sorry.
              was on vacation at Hilton head SC, and AT&T reception sucks, so does the wifi at the Marriott.
              PMd you and you can email me at my username at hotmail.com
              thanks

Comment

Suprised this car is not listed in our classifieds. Very nice BTW, good luck from a fellow Henna owner.
                2001 530i
                1988 M3
                1973 2002

Comment

Originally posted by 300whpGTI View Post
                  Suprised this car is not listed in our classifieds. Very nice BTW, good luck from a fellow Henna owner.
                  Can't believe you're selling yours!

Comment

Me either, I never even got around to repainting my valve cover and slapping in those Evo (style) wires I bought from you. But alas, I made the mistake of driving a lotus elise and now I must have one! Wife would murder me if I had four cars!
                    Last edited by 300whpGTI; 09-15-2013, 02:17 AM.
                    2001 530i
                    1988 M3
                    1973 2002

Comment

Me either, I never even got around to repainting my valve cover and slapping in those Evo (style) wires I bought from you. But alas, I made the mistake of driving a lotus elise and now I must have one! Wife would murder me if I had four cars!
                      So did you get the lotus Elise when the site was down?
                      any pics?

Comment

I did; same day I sold my M3 I drove to pick up the Elise. It's a great car and a heck of a lot of fun but part of me regrets doing what I did. For many reasons, but mainly bc without a back seat I cannot take my 4yr old daughter out and she really enjoyed when I threw her Recaro seat in the back of my M3 and we went out.. Sooooo, I may wait until spring and put this up; I'm thinking about a 964. The other side of me wants to keep the Elise and pick up something like a Corrado SLC so her and I can have something fun to run around in.
                        2001 530i
                        1988 M3
                        1973 2002

Comment

I did; same day I sold my M3 I drove to pick up the Elise. It's a great car and a heck of a lot of fun but part of me regrets doing what I did. For many reasons, but mainly bc without a back seat I cannot take my 4yr old daughter out and she really enjoyed when I threw her Recaro seat in the back of my M3 and we went out.. Sooooo, I may wait until spring and put this up; I'm thinking about a 964. The other side of me wants to keep the Elise and pick up something like a Corrado SLC so her and I can have something fun to run around in.

Test drove an Elise once
                          damn impressive car, but a little too specialized for my liking
                          it does one thing damn well, but is a compromise in a lot of other areas.
                          id buy one if I had a 10 car garage

i will go through the same thing when I get my alfa, it's only got 2 seats
                          and my son loves it when I take the M3. So I bought a used Audi S4 cabrio
                          4wd, and converible, so it does double duty as a winter beater, and a summer car
                          plus it gives me temporary v8 relief when I miss my E92 M3
                          although it does love to suck down gas, worse than the E92 with 80hp less

Comment

So did you sell your E30? I know you had it listed elsewhere.
                            2001 530i
                            1988 M3
                            1973 2002

Comment

So did you sell your E30? I know you had it listed elsewhere.
                              nope
                              I put it up on a few forums
                              by since my next car isn't due till may
                              I am not really in a hurry to sell
                              if I get my asking price, i'd sell ( I have a second car)
                              but if not, i'd rather drive it
                              just wish the weather would cooperate more
                              it's snowed a few times in the DC area, and snow and my M3 don't mix

I did install heated seats though
                              silly option but damn nice when you are cold
                              I used OEM switches so it looks stock
                              well worth the effort, I also tapped the original fuse location (fuse 16)
                              total cost was less than $100

Comment

Sale pending...

Comment

Working...
                                X