Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E46 MK60 ABS/DSC Retrofit kit.

Hi Gents,

Just wondering if anyone is interested in an MK60 retrofit kit for their E30's?

I have developed a kit for our cars that allows for a simple bolt on solution for the wheels speed sensors and front brake pressure sensors.

Below is a basic overview of the system components.

The system is partially programable and fully alone, which will bring a host of technological advancements over what is currently available for our cars. The nearest unit that comes close is the Bosch Motorsport ABS system. The additional advantage is the MK60 will output a speed signal to S54 and with a steering angle sensor you will have full DSC and ASC+T (traction control, a must with 340hp!!!). The MK60 can also communicate to many after market dash systems which are compatible with the E46 M3 CAN protocol. I have mines connected to an AIM Pista and that data logs many channels.

Some more information about the MK60 DSC

The hydraulic unit consists of the following:

• Four inlet solenoids
    • Four outlet solenoids
    • Two changeover solenoids
    • Two charge solenoids

It is designed to maintain the vehicles stability during:

• ABS braking regulation
    • ASC+T traction control
    • DSC for oversteer and understeer control (can be switched off and only ABS will be in operation).

Additional features are also programmed into the control module.

These features are:

• CBC - Corner Brake Control
    • EBV - Electronic Brake Proportioning
    • MSR - Engine Drag Torque Regulation
    • ADB - Automatic Differential Brake
    • DBS - Dynamic Brake System

I would like to propose to all those that are interested in a ‘kit’ which will enable you to fit the Mk60 unit to any E30 with 4 or 5 stud suspension.

In the ABS kit you will receive;

2 x Front Speed Sensor adaptors.
    2 x Master cylinder pressure sensor adaptors.
    1 x Part Number List.
    1 x Wiring Diagram + Instructions.

In the DSC kit you will receive all the of the above +
    1 x DSC column kit.
    1 x Programming for the E30 chassis.

The ABS Kit will retail for £199

The DSC Kit will retail for £399

For an additional cost, I can program CSL/M-track mode on to the DSC and CSL ABS program, I can also provide data cables for diagnostics and fault code reading as well as service functions (such as Steering angle sensor calibration etc),

Some photos - As you can imagine, a lot of time and work has been spent in building up this kit, the photos are taken in such a way to stop people copying the designs before any have sold!

The Steering angle sensor is still going through development, this is a solution one of my friends came up with and this is one we are going to develop further.

More photos and information to come.

Any questions, please ask away - To date, eight kits have already been sold!

Andrew

[email protected] | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

I am totally in for something like this. Take my money, take all of it. I'm neck deep in the middle of a DIY restoration and I would love to ditch the old crappy ABS sensors and move to something a little more modern/price friendly (E46 M3 sensors = that to me).

How do you manage the rear ABS sensors? I have the stock E30 M3 trailing arms and have no interest in moving onto the Z3M setup (love my LM 106s too much).

Great work!
    Justin T.

Comment

Hi,

Great that you are interested For the rear I supply a BMW part number and instructions of how to fit the sensor, it really is a very simply process and it works perfectly! You get to keep your stock arms and stock half shafts, its by no means an easy install as you need to run four new lines to each calliper (the rears share the same line on the stock E30) and then the wiring, but that is very straight forward as I supply some new pins with the kit and the rest you buy direct from BMW for ’'s and the same goes for all of the wiring connectors.

You will have to source an E46 M3 MK60 (2003+) pump and sensors as shown below.

You will be shocked at how good this system is, with the CSL Motorsport Track mode its even better!

Currently because of the F1 season, some of the parts are in line for production in Germany, I have been given a 3 week ETA, so once that comes around the last batch of kits sold very quickly.

HTH

Andrew
      Last edited by Demlotcrew; 01-17-2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Excellent! I am not in a huge hurry to purchase, hopefully funds are available in the next two months or so. I will be going -3 AN PTFE hose for all of my brake lines, so that part doesn't scare me.

I am an amateur driver at best (right now) so this upgrade is mostly to ditch the 25+ year old ABS system which wasn't running when the car entered into the restoration phase. The ABS sensors are much cheaper for the E46 and the rest can be had on the used market for decent prices (compared to new).

I take it the kit will allow me to source the connectors for the sensors/pump etc? That part makes me nervous still.
        Justin T.

Comment

Some interesting facts about the wheel speed sensors used on the MK60, just to up the interest to the next level

Last edited by Demlotcrew; 01-17-2014, 07:26 AM. Reason: Images are playing up.

Comment

Originally posted by em3emcee View Post
            Excellent! I am not in a huge hurry to purchase, hopefully funds are available in the next two months or so. I will be going -3 AN PTFE hose for all of my brake lines, so that part doesn't scare me.

I am an amateur driver at best (right now) so this upgrade is mostly to ditch the 25+ year old ABS system which wasn't running when the car entered into the restoration phase. The ABS sensors are much cheaper for the E46 and the rest can be had on the used market for decent prices (compared to new).

I take it the kit will allow me to source the connectors for the sensors/pump etc? That part makes me nervous still.
            Absolutly, I provide part numbers for all the connectors and pins! All available from BMW!

I only have two kits left from this batch, last batch was six months ago so its possible the next one will be about the same time.

Comment

Some information about the pressure sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by Demlotcrew View Post

Absolutly, I provide part numbers for all the connectors and pins! All available from BMW!

I only have two kits left from this batch, last batch was six months ago so its possible the next one will be about the same time.
                Well for $199 british pounds I can manage that for now and add the remaining pieces later as funds allow. I love to stockpile parts much to the chagrin of my very understanding wife.
                Justin T.

Comment

Yes I have a garage full of 'parts' you can never have too many is what I keep telling myself, actually I think once you have the information and the idea stuck in your mind you will quickly source the other parts! At a later date I can supply a data cable and software for the DSC.

Ill send over a PM with my details.

Andrew

Comment

All kits sold in this batch, thanks for all the interest and custom! Another batch as soon as there is more interest.

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Do you sell a standalone wiring harness for ABS? I would like to add a system like this to my track car which when I bought had been completely stripped of all ABS components, so I need a wiring harness as part of my setup. I am very interested in adding this as the modern ABS would be a great asset over going through the hassle of installing a 20+ year old e30 ABS system in a car with an otherwise modern setup.

Dave

Comment

Still doing these?

Comment

I am in the process of installing the MK60 on my e30M3 racing car and I am particularly interested in the Adaptors for the Speed sensors. Do you still sell them? if not do you mind selling the design? thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X