WTB: roll center correction spacers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: roll center correction spacers

Looking for a pair of 1Ē spacers. Thanks.

https://www.akgmotorsport.com/produc...30-m3-12-inch/

Do not buy from "Low Level"!

Comment

Thanks for the link. I tried VAC but didnít think of AKG. BTW I found a set from a fellow member already. Thanks.

Comment

Is VAC no longer selling these? I need a set too.

Comment

Don't these put a ton more shear on the bolts, causing them to fail when loaded on track?
          1988 DS
          1988 Lachs
          Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

• Gregg
            Gregg commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have an example of failure to share? Shear stress is not dependent on the length of the bolt...

Originally posted by Konig View Post
          Don't these put a ton more shear on the bolts, causing them to fail when loaded on track?
          Do you mind elaborating? My car will be a street car, but your commentary seems concerning.

Comment

Theyíre backordered from VAC.

Iíve had these spacers on my car for 5-6 years. They seem to hold up well through many track days and autox. I do inspect and torque them at every event.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin///m3 View Post

Do you mind elaborating? My car will be a street car, but your commentary seems concerning.
              For now I think I have to eat my words - I thought I had read commentary here on S14 about an issue using these spacers, but I cannot find anything. Apologies for stirring things up, I'll keep looking and come back if I find anything.
              1988 DS
              1988 Lachs
              Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Just called VAC today. They are making a fresh batch of spacers soon. They said order should be open in a week or two.

As for reliability, the spacers have good fitment, and the bolts are rated 12.9, stronger than stock. I think itís important to not over tighten the bolts to keep the threads in good grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Konig View Post

For now I think I have to eat my words - I thought I had read commentary here on S14 about an issue using these spacers, but I cannot find anything. Apologies for stirring things up, I'll keep looking and come back if I find anything.
                  There was some discussion on the SIG about it, I had started the discussion and someone responded saying they can fail, but it was only in reference to hard tracking, which I will not be doing with my car. I never got more of an explanation on why or how they fail, hence my question to you.

Comment

FWIW I've had 13mm spacers with grade 12.9 bolts on my track car for years, no issues. Install the bolts with blue loctite and torque them carefully to spec. Check them regularly! I've never had one loosen, however.

Do not buy from "Low Level"!

Comment

Originally posted by M-tinker View Post
                      Just called VAC today. They are making a fresh batch of spacers soon. They said order should be open in a week or two.

As for reliability, the spacers have good fitment, and the bolts are rated 12.9, stronger than stock. I think itís important to not over tighten the bolts to keep the threads in good grip.
                      I just called VAC and ordered a set of 19mm. They are scheduled to be made on their CNC machine tomorrow or Wednesday. Then they go out to their anodizer, so I expect to have them in 3 weeks. He gave me the option of sending them out in raw aluminum finish, which cuts delivery time in half.

Give Brian a call at VAC, he'll take the order now. brian@vacmotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
                      X