NEW FACTORY E30 M3 Body Shell For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW FACTORY E30 M3 Body Shell For Sale

No affiliation - just passing this along. I am assuming most of you ave already seen this. From Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/e30o...94863140527989
    1990 M3

Bargain
    Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Only issue might be is how to legally transfer a vin from on chassis to another.
      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesingo View Post
        Bargain
        Exactly. Especially when an S14 engine and transmission recently sold on BaT for $14,000

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ngine-gearbox/
        1990 M3

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
          Only issue might be is how to legally transfer a vin from on chassis to another.
          Cut and weld. No issue.

Comment

Does anyone have the original photo of the the three new body shells together which I suspect this for sale post to is from, I remember looking at it back in the day but now would like to add it to my M3 photos.
            I had a good look around and could not find it but found the link from the original post, from memory one was turned in to a new rally M3 and not sure where the other one ended up?
            From memory all three were found stored in Netherlands aprox 10 years ago.

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...-shell-picture

E30 M3 1987
            Mini Clubman GT
            BMW E36 323 Msport
            Toyota Corona
            KTM 200EXC
            Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Im going to probably go counter to the general E30M3 fan groundswell,,, but,,, I just cannot get super excited about this.
              If it was a leftover Gruppe A Matter shell with the integral cage I’d say yes worth it, but $30K for a street shell,,, not worth it in my opinion.
              What are you gonna do, build a brand new stret car from scratch?
              We can still buy a “decent" street car for around that and it comes with,,, all the rest of the parts. Drivetrain, engine harness, chassis harness, interior for seat frames and foams.
              Do a rotisserie resto on even a $30K street car and you still come out way, way ahead with a similarly nice outcome.

If one wanted to build a race car,,, this would be a terribly over expensive way to start as well.

Other than the novelty of having one of the last brand new shells on earth, I'm having a hard time seeing the "value" in a 30K bare shell.
              Someone with deep pockets is certainly gonna buy it, but I dont see the value.
              Last edited by jimmy p.; 01-08-2019, 03:46 PM.
              jimmy p.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
              92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
              98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Maybe the factory might purchase it and suddenly have build a new M3 like they did with the inka 2002. But I doubt that.
                Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
                  Im going to probably go counter to the general E30M3 fan groundswell,,, but,,, I just cannot get super excited about this.
                  If it was a leftover Gruppe A Matter shell with the integral cage I’d say yes worth it, but $30K for a street shell,,, not worth it in my opinion.
                  What are you gonna do, build a brand new stret car from scratch?
                  We can still buy a “decent" street car for around that and it comes with,,, all the rest of the parts. Drivetrain, engine harness, chassis harness, interior for seat frames and foams.
                  Do a rotisserie resto on even a $30K street car and you still come out way, way ahead with a similarly nice outcome.

If one wanted to build a race car,,, this would be a terribly over expensive way to start as well.

Other than the novelty of having one of the last brand new shells on earth, I'm having a hard time seeing the "value" in a 30K bare shell.
                  Someone with deep pockets is certainly gonna buy it, but I dont see the value.
                  I agree Jimmy. The only way this would make sense is if you had a wrecked car or whatever and just wanted to transfer the parts over. Even then, it's over-priced.

I fear someone will buy that shell, thinking they will acquire new parts to build it into a complete "perfect" car. To do that would cost well over $100K, and of course half the parts would be NLA. If you put used parts into the shell, might as well make things simple and just buy a car.

The other thing...that pisses me off...is the "looking for offers over $30K". IMHO this is just sleazy sales tactics. No one ever knows what will buy the shell, and the seller can play all sorts of "sorry I have a higher offer already" games to raise the price.

Someone could be selling the fountain of youth, and if they listed it as "looking for offers over $______", they could stick it up their ass as far as I'm concerned.
                  Last edited by Ironhead; 01-09-2019, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Not one of the three from Netherlands. Owner has had this for 15+ years, in addition to a Sport Evo and US JP racecar. I'd pay $30K for this before I'd pay $6K for some redone seats...
                    What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baxter E30 View Post
                      Not one of the three from Netherlands. Owner has had this for 15+ years, in addition to a Sport Evo and US JP racecar. I'd pay $30K for this before I'd pay $6K for some redone seats...
                      At least you can drive and enjoy your M3 after you are done installing your redone seats. Btw, no idiot would be dumb enough to pay $6k to redo their seats.

Comment

Does anybody know how to get in touch with the seller - he doesn't seem to be replying to PM's via Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideM3 View Post

At least you can drive and enjoy your M3 after you are done installing your redone seats. Btw, no idiot would be dumb enough to pay $6k to redo their seats.
                          Yes, they would. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/e30-m3-seats/
                          -kevin

Comment

Originally posted by sector7g View Post
                            I meant just reupholdstering (leather and labor), not including the core.

Comment

The shell was sold last Saturday. Kinda of sad to see it go but I no longer needed it. If it hadn't sold then I would have transferred the running gear from the JP racer and installed the SE interior (which I have). There would have been some parts that are NLA that I needed, lot's of time, and lots of money, but it sold. The JP race car will be up for sale next in the coming months.
                              1990 M3 SE - 44K miles - in storage :sosad:
                              1989 M3 US - 97K miles - Dormant :sosad:
                              1990 M3 Shell - O miles - new [peace]
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X