Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Group N Bilstein Front Suspension // OEM 071 DME // OEM Front bumper brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 Group N Bilstein Front Suspension // OEM 071 DME // OEM Front bumper brackets

Up for sale,

Groupe N Front suspension

I only have the two front shocks, no rears but those can be ordered new along with the springs. ABS rings are not the same, I think one is for a E28.

Price: 3500USD + Shipping.
    Item location: The Netherlands, can ship insured worldwide quickly with Fedex.

Front bumper brackets

these are original, but it seems that the PO cut of a small piece of one side.

Price: 200USD + Shipping

IMG_7587 by Designers-Europe Euro Parts, on Flickr

IMG_7583 by Designers-Europe Euro Parts, on Flickr

M3 DME 0261200071

Price: 350USD + Shipping

Condition unknown

Is the GrpN suspension really worth that much? Wowza.

T

Comment

Last set that was one here was complete, advertised for 4k+ Shipping. Going off that, I am open to offers.

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post
        Is the GrpN suspension really worth that much? Wowza.

T
        Yes it does. See them growing on trees??

Comment

Originally posted by pipeM3 View Post

Yes it does. See them growing on trees??
          I was just asking since I will be listing my complete front and rear GrpN coilers for sale soon.

T

Comment

hahahaha

Pair Set of 2 Front Bilstein Motorsports Strut Cartridges For BMW E30 M3 Group N (Fits: BMW M3)

T

Comment

Not sure what the seller's purpose is with this ebay listing - other to make himself look like a complete wanker. These dampers are available through Bilstein UK for £195 (or $255) each. For reference the part number is 34-046296.
              1990 M3

Comment

If one was to purchase the inserts, could Bilstein modify/shorten the strut housings similar to these GroupN ones and provide perches, springs, etc? Or are these "NLA" from Bilstein? I assume these are not modified factory strut housings, but rather proprietary Bilstein parts but correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry for the n00b questions.

Comment

Originally posted by kamakevie View Post
                  If one was to purchase the inserts, could Bilstein modify/shorten the strut housings similar to these GroupN ones and provide perches, springs, etc? Or are these "NLA" from Bilstein? I assume these are not modified factory strut housings, but rather proprietary Bilstein parts but correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry for the n00b questions.
                  If you are referring to the inserts in post #6, those are not for the Bilstein strut housings shown in post #1. Those inserts are for the standard production car struts. The inserts that would be used in the Group N Bilstein housings have a different part number (see below).

My understanding is that the Bilstein strut housings are stronger than OEM.

Here are some of the part numbers for the Group N coilover suspension from the BMW M3 E30 Gruppe N Catalog. I believe most if not all is NLA.

Front Strut (L) Bilstein 31 21 2 222 604
                  Front Strut (R) Bilstein 31 21 2 222 603
                  Front Dampers Bilstein 31 32 2 222 908

Here is a picture of the Group N inserts (31 32 2 222 908) along with the rear dampers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Group N.JPG Views:	1 Size:	18.8 KB ID:	1279277

You can use any 60mm coil spring. Spring part numbers from the catalog are as follows:

31 33 2 222 655 . . . c = 120 N
                  31 33 2 222 801 . . . c = 140 N
                  31 33 2 222 802 . . . c = 160 N
                  31 33 2 222 803 . . . c = 180 N
                  31 33 2 222 654 . . . c = 200 N
                  31 33 2 222 804 . . . c = 220 N
                  31 33 2 222 805 . . . c = 240 N

And then of course there are the miscellaneous parts necessary to fit it all together.

If you want a Group N coilover setup, buy it as complete as possible since most if not all the parts are NLA and difficult to find on the secondary market (it may take you years to accumulate all the parts if you want true BMW Motorsports parts). If you want a coilover setup >>> similar <<< to the Group N setup, check out Ground Control. They will modify your front struts to work with 2.5" coil springs, which you can order in a variety of rates. GC will include a modified set of Koni dampers valved for a certain spring rate range (i.e. 400 - 900 lbs). They will also include shorter / smaller rear springs with height adjusters. The downside to the GC route is that your very rare (and now very expensive) front strut housings will be irreversibly modified, so if you want to go back to OEM springs / dampers you are screwed. Your modified struts are reinforced by GC, but don't match the BMW Motorsports versions.
                  1990 M3

Comment

Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

If you are referring to the inserts in post #6, those are not for the Bilstein strut housings shown in post #1. Those inserts are for the standard production car struts. The inserts that would be used in the Group N Bilstein housings have a different part number (see below).

My understanding is that the Bilstein strut housings are stronger than OEM.

Here are some of the part numbers for the Group N coilover suspension from the BMW M3 E30 Gruppe N Catalog. I believe most if not all is NLA.

Front Strut (L) Bilstein 31 21 2 222 604
                    Front Strut (R) Bilstein 31 21 2 222 603
                    Front Dampers Bilstein 31 32 2 222 908

Here is a picture of the Group N inserts (31 32 2 222 908) along with the rear dampers.

Click image for larger version Name:	Group N.JPG Views:	1 Size:	18.8 KB ID:	1279277

You can use any 60mm coil spring. Spring part numbers from the catalog are as follows:

31 33 2 222 655 . . . c = 120 N
                    31 33 2 222 801 . . . c = 140 N
                    31 33 2 222 802 . . . c = 160 N
                    31 33 2 222 803 . . . c = 180 N
                    31 33 2 222 654 . . . c = 200 N
                    31 33 2 222 804 . . . c = 220 N
                    31 33 2 222 805 . . . c = 240 N

And then of course there are the miscellaneous parts necessary to fit it all together.

If you want a Group N coilover setup, buy it as complete as possible since most if not all the parts are NLA and difficult to find on the secondary market (it may take you years to accumulate all the parts if you want true BMW Motorsports parts). If you want a coilover setup >>> similar <<< to the Group N setup, check out Ground Control. They will modify your front struts to work with 2.5" coil springs, which you can order in a variety of rates. GC will include a modified set of Koni dampers valved for a certain spring rate range (i.e. 400 - 900 lbs). They will also include shorter / smaller rear springs with height adjusters. The downside to the GC route is that your very rare (and now very expensive) front strut housings will be irreversibly modified, so if you want to go back to OEM springs / dampers you are screwed. Your modified struts are reinforced by GC, but don't match the BMW Motorsports versions.
                    Thanks for taking the time to put this info together! Much appreciated.

Comment

Price drop to €2500 + Shipping

Comment

Working...
                      X