• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 99M3Riverside View Post
    I never got an email
    See below from Lee:
    "Hi Nic.
    I sent the email to the one I got from his PayPal. Can you ask him to email me at [email protected] so that I can resend all the info.
    Thanks in advance
    Lee"
    2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
    1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß
    Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
    Hers: 1989 325iX Zinnoberrot

Comment

• Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post

See below from Lee:
      "Hi Nic.
      I sent the email to the one I got from his PayPal. Can you ask him to email me at [email protected] so that I can resend all the info.
      Thanks in advance
      Lee"
      Thanks, I sent an email
      Dan

88 M3
      Black on Black

San Diego, CA
      USA

Comment

• FYI, as most people know, Lee is planning to take a vacation for something like a month starting next week. He's shipping Thursday / Friday, so anybody who has not received an email or has not paid should probably do that ASAP.
        2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
        1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß

Comment

• For those of you who have previously installed one of Lee's kits - do the front radial mounts use the existing bolts that are used to mount the OEM caliper bracket to the strut tube?

I am referring to part #4 in the picture below

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	1290672
          1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

• Looking at the pics sent of the finished parts, it looks like that bolt has been replaced by a large allen key bolt that bolts into the adapter for the radial caliper. If you check the FB page it will probably have a few pictures
            JUNGL3

333i Sport - Alpina M52 3.3, E30 M3 5 Stud

Comment

• Originally posted by JCGus View Post
              . . . it looks like that bolt has been replaced by a large allen key bolt that bolts into the adapter for the radial caliper.
              I see that now. Thanks!

1990 M3

Comment

• In regard of the M12 bolt that mounts the original caliper and the radial mounts, you can reuse yours, or the one with hex head that comes with the kit. It is M12x1.5 pitch (like OEM) and is graded 10.9. Those who ordered the kit for Narrow Body caliper will also get a shim kit to compensate for the different mounting specs, including a longer M12 bolt, which has an Allen head (cylinder head). All kits come with FREE optional caliper stud kit instead of the regular bolt with cylinder head.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                1989 M3 racecar
                e39 Touring

Comment

FYI, as most people know, Lee is planning to take a vacation for something like a month starting next week. He's shipping Thursday / Friday, so anybody who has not received an email or has not paid should probably do that ASAP.
                  Sadly, I have to postpone departure by a few days for two reasons. COVID-19 is definitely limiting where I can go. I can't cross the border to another country, and even within Canada. And foremost, because I am still waiting for stainless shims I've ordered three weeks ago from TWO different suppliers in the US just to make sure ONE shipment gets here in time (I love redundancy). But sadly, both orders are stuck somewhere in the postal system. Without these stainless shims, the Allen head would scratch the mounting surface on the rear hat when torquing the bolts.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                  1989 M3 racecar
                  e39 Touring

Comment

• Received my kit yesterday. Very well packaged. Thanks for getting this organized.
                    Dan

88 M3
                    Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                    USA

Comment

• It's all so pretty!
                      2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
                      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
                      1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß

Comment

It's all so pretty!
                        Dudes! Seriously! No pics?! Come on!
                        Dave.
                        76 M2

Comment

• Originally posted by irdave View Post

Getting there. In the process of test fitting everything (working on the driver's side now). The 11.75" rotors are significantly wider than the OEM rotors. Should be good for a second or two on the track LOL. Working towards test fitting the wheel. It goes without saying that Lee's parts are first rate.

1990 M3

Comment

• Originally posted by irdave View Post

I need a few hours when the wife is out of the house to sneak these on the car.

Got the rotors assembled, though.
                            2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
                            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß

Comment

• When assembling the radial mounts and installing the studs into them, I would recommend once the studs are installed (with Red Loctite as recommended by Lee) let them cure overnight. Not sure how long the curing process takes, but the nuts that Lee supplies to mount the calipers to the studs are a self-locking type and need a fair amount of pressure to tighten down. If the Loctite isn't fully cured your studs may rotate as you are tightening the nut.
                              1990 M3

Comment

• Adding that the stud kit includes a pair of jam nuts that you should use as a nut/counter nut configuration (using two wrenches) to tighten the studs into the radial mounts. Don't use a ViceGrip ;-)
                                please... ;-)

Also, I will mail a set of four 6.35mm thick stainless spacers to those who ordered the installation kit for Narrow Body Superlite. Those are a tiny bit thinner than those already supplied, and I wpould like to hear from you which thickness works best with the Narrow Body Superlite.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                                1989 M3 racecar
                                e39 Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X