Group Buy - Massive Rallye BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
    Any research i did at one point with all the damaged Kosei wheels out there always was focused on 17" wheels, not a lot of failures I could find relating to 15" wheels and I think the shorter spokes on them along with more sidewall cushion is the reason.
    This was this very reason that I chose to go with the 17" APEX wheel vs the 17" Kosei.

1990 M3

Comment

• Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

This was this very reason that I chose to go with the 17" APEX wheel vs the 17" Kosei.
      agreed, Apex is the way to go from a style and value standpoint right now.

Comment

• Here is the weight of the massive kit with the Hawk HR8000 rotor. I don't have the weight of the stock kit handy.
        Attached Files
        2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
        1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß
        Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
        Hers: 1989 325iX Zinnoberrot

Comment

• If you missed out on the Group Buy and want a kit, I have a front and rear kit for sale. I am going to keep my current brake setup. I just purchased this from Lee in the Group Buy.

1) Front radial 300x32 for the Wilwood Superlite calipers.
          2) Rear lug-mounted 300x32 for the Wilwood calipers.
          3) Rear handbrake drums.

The kit cost me 2000 Canadian which is about $1520 US Dollars. The kit is brand new and unopened from Lee.

Sell for $1300 shipped in the lower 48.

Send me an IM here or [email protected] Thanks.

-Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
            Here is the weight of the massive kit with the Hawk HR8000 rotor. I don't have the weight of the stock kit handy.
            That looks like it has pads in it too, right? That appears lighter than stock. Just the stock rotor and caliper (without the carrier, pads, or hardware) come in at 19lbs 11oz.

Do not buy from "Low Level"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post

That looks like it has pads in it too, right? That appears lighter than stock. Just the stock rotor and caliper (without the carrier, pads, or hardware) come in at 19lbs 11oz.
              yes, pads in. note that these are the narrow calipers.
              2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
              1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß

Comment

• Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post

9.134kg = 20.18lbs

Overall probably a wash, maybe a little bit lighter but the improved stopping power, better fade resistance and cheaper consumables makes whatever weight +/- negligible.You'll add back any weight loss when you go to 17" wheels and tires.
                1990 M3

Comment

• Digitalwave
                  Digitalwave commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know. My 19lb 11oz weight is only the rotor and the caliper, with no carrier bracket, pads, or hardware. His weight is with the bracket, pads, and hardware, so I think overall it's going to be lighter than stock.

• Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

9.134kg = 20.18lbs
                Add carrier and pads and you're above that.

The rear kit is a little heavier than stock, which isn't surprising given how dinky the stock rears are. Note that I forgot to include the pads when I took this one.
                Attached Files
                2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
                1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß

Comment

• Now, of course, it is worth noting that while unsprung weight is pretty similar, rotating weight does go up. Also note that you can probably find lighter rotors than the Hawks.
                  2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß

Comment

• I may be selling my kit, if anyone is interested - going to be a long long time till I can go ahead and I think the track car days may be numbered!
                    JUNGL3

333i Sport - Alpina M52 3.3, E30 M3 5 Stud

Comment

• I'm having a little difficulty getting my rear hat to screw into the e-brake drum. Has anyone gotten theirs together?
                      Dave.
                      76 M2

Comment

• Follow up, looks like my e-brake drum bolt circle diameter is the smallest bit small, as I can't screw in opposing screws through the hat into the drum, nor through the rotor and into the drum. I've running rethreading taps in the holes and dies over the screws and everything is super tight- so probably some really nice screws- but mine won't seem to screw together. Maybe a cutting tap through the threads to make just a bit of room- just hate cutting the threads as it was coated after the threads were cut...
                        Dave.
                        76 M2

Comment

• It was a very tight fit, but I didn't have issues getting it installed. Don't torque any bolts until they are all threaded.
                          2011 BMW M3 Alpinweiß
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot

1989 M3 Alpinweiß

Comment

• Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post

BTW I am totally devoted in trying to find ways to make that new caliper fit that 15" Kosei K1 rim in he most elegant manner. ;-)

Lee
                            LeeVuong have you made any progress on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mick View Post

LeeVuong have you made any progress on this?
                              LeeVuong can you at least let us know if this is something you plan to work on or if you have ruled it out? I only have another week before the window closes on my returning the calipers I bought for the kit. A response here would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X