• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of front and rear as pulled off my car
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
      BTW I am totally devoted in trying to find ways to make that new caliper fit that 15" Kosei K1 rim in he most elegant manner. ;-)
      Originally posted by Mick View Post
      LeeVuong have you made any progress on this?
      Originally posted by Mick View Post
      LeeVuong can you at least let us know if this is something you plan to work on or if you have ruled it out? I only have another week before the window closes on my returning the calipers I bought for the kit. A response here would be appreciated.
      It's disappointing that Lee has ghosted us since July. I wasn't expecting him to defy physics to make this work, I knew it was unlikely, but the least he could have done is popped in and given us an update.

Comment

• I shit-canned the idea of trying to make this BBK work with the 15" Koseis. There just isn't enough room. Moved on and purchased some 8x17 ET20 APEX ARC-8 wheels. Perfect fitment and loads of clearance. That said I am glad I went ahead with this BBK. The pedal feel is fantastic and the braking force (especially with Hawk DTC-60 front and rear) is light years beyond what the OEM brakes could offer. This and the increased thermal capacity of the front setup will be enjoyed on the track for years to come.

1990 M3

Comment

• Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post
          I shit-canned the idea of trying to make this BBK work with the 15" Koseis. There just isn't enough room. Moved on and purchased some 8x17 ET20 APEX ARC-8 wheels. Perfect fitment and loads of clearance. That said I am glad I went ahead with this BBK. The pedal feel is fantastic and the braking force (especially with Hawk DTC-60 front and rear) is light years beyond what the OEM brakes could offer. This and the increased thermal capacity of the front setup will be enjoyed on the track for years to come.

Did you do anything with the bias front to rear?
          Dan

88 M3
          Black on Black

San Diego, CA
          USA

Comment

• Originally posted by 99M3Riverside View Post

Did you do anything with the bias front to rear?
            Nope. Still running the stock rear calipers. Balance seems to be very good with the DTC-60 pads (front and rear). Keep in mind the AP calipers, unlike the Wilwood units, are 4 piston vs. 6 so slightly less piston area and therefore less front bias, but still more than the OEM front calipers.

Unfortunately the track season in the PNW has come to an end for this year at least for me and my "home" track (PIR). There might be one final opportunity with the Audi club in October, but that is so late in the year you are almost guaranteed to be running on a wet track. If it is dry, I'll go, otherwise a long Winter's wait for next Spring.
            1990 M3

Comment

• 99M3Riverside
              99M3Riverside commented
              Editing a comment
              You should trailer your car to CA, we are just getting going from summer break at least for me. I can't handle the heat.

• Got mine screwed together. Turns out it was just me. (Stainless into stainless- so I used a LOT of anti-seize- screwed together just like it was supposed to.)

I haven't had mine on the track yet, but the feel is so good, and there is so much more braking force available. It's probably more than one needs for the street, but I like it. Anecdotal; been married to my wife for 10 years; she's used to my driving; she was trying to put her foot through the firewall yesterday to apply the brakes from the passenger side; she hasn't done that in years. I got the hairy eyeball when I just stopped the car with no drama, much shorter than we needed. I'm really happy with the kit.
            Dave.
            76 M2

Comment

Working...
            X