This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB – Subframe

I'm looking for a front subframe. Thanks.

I have one, its red but it would be nearly free you pay shipping. PM me

T

Comment

PM'd

Comment

Still looking for one.

Comment

Found this one recently, but no affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bmw-E30-M3-....m46890.l49292

Good luck.
          Chris

Comment

Mick,
            Im really going by memory here (and I'm old lol), but I could have sworn many years ago I read that the standard E30 subframe works in our E30M3s as long as you do the standard reinforcements that we all do anyway.
            I checked the ETK and the E30M3 subframe is a separate part number, but like the rear subframe it could be something simple but is otherwise identical.
            Would open you up to a whole lot more specimens.
            jimmy p.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

That sounds like it may be right.

Last night I was looking at the Garagistic subframe and their description says it will work on any E30, including M3. I emailed them to clarify since, as you say, they're 2 different part numbers. If the difference is just the OE reinforcements then their listing would make sense, since what they're selling is refurbished and reinforced. I'm considering just going that route. I was going to reinforce and powder coat my subframe anyway so their price isn't too bad as it will save a bunch of time. They also reinforce around the control arm mount, which is good.

This also may be why the Turner subframe reinforcement kit instructs you to install the reinforcing plate under the motor mount tab, which is impossible on an M3 subframe without cutting out the stock reinforcement. They probably only have one set of instructions that are written for the standard E30 subframe.
              Last edited by Mick; 01-13-2021, 04:01 AM.

Comment

...actually. Zooming in on the subframe, it looks like the motor mount holes are different. Not ideal but it will probably still work.

Comment

Was going to suggest the Garagistic product as well. I will be interested to know if you ultimately use it.
                  1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

When I Googled E30 Subframe to follow up on my post Ireland Engineering has a reinforced one on their site as well.
                    https://www.iemotorsport.com/product...-subframe-e30/

Everything I have come up with since making my post is pointing towards the only differences were the factory reinforcing in the motor mount areas.
                    jimmy p.
                    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Thanks for the tip Jimmy, I ordered that one from IE. ...I almost didn't order it because of the color but then saw the description says it's actually black.

Comment

Ugh! The subframe I ordered from IE was "processing " for a week. I just called and they said that they didn't actually have one in stock. It would have been mildly annoying if they let me know this within a day of ordering, but to say nothing for a week (forcing me to call them) is infuriating.

Still looking...

Comment

OMG that sucks. What a terrible fucking business practice.
                          By the time that phone call was over if they didnt hang up on me they would have placed me on the do not sell to ever list.
                          jimmy p.
                          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I thought this shit only happened with Turner / ECS.
                            1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

meh, IE is just Chinesium garbage. too bad, because they offer a couple things that are hard to find these days, but i wouldn't give them a dime of my money. absolute rubbish products, and clearly, customer service, too.
                              Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3 M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                              X