GB: Gustave style Ignition Wire Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB: Gustave style Ignition Wire Bracket

PipeM3, I'm actually working on having a batch of them made. I tried to reach Gustave Stroes about it but to no avail. In any case I've improved the design to fix a couple things I didn't like, more exactly the one I'm working on extends all the way to cover the 2 fins after the right nut of the valve cover, and the height of the support of the clips is a tad higher as the original had the bolts for the clips rub the valve cover when the engine was running. The only reason I don't have them already is because of the cost. I want to make them right ie. laser cut, cnc bent, hard anodized black. So making one or a couple is cost prohibiting that way. If you are interested that would be a step further. I can probably have 10 made at a rational price. I already have the solidworks drawing ready so if we get 10 people committed I'll pull the trigger. Here's my drawing so you have an idea:

Click image for larger version

Name:	S14 Ignition wire bracket.jpeg
Views:	601
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1303588

^ I would be in.

Comment

I would be interested as well.

Don

Don
      1973 - 2002
      1988 - iX
      1988 - M3

Comment

I’m interested

Comment

In

Comment

I'm in as well!

Comment

yes, please.
              Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3 M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Great! If the OP is in then we have the 10. I just need one but would hoard an extra one. Will get a couple quotes rolling tomorrow as soon as I get to the office ad will start sourcing the clips and hardware. My idea is to offer them ready to go, with clips assembled and all.

Comment

Count me in.
                  Finnally Powered by my ///M3
                  1990 E30 M3
                  1973 M2

Comment

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
                    Great! If the OP is in then we have the 10. I just need one but would hoard an extra one. Will get a couple quotes rolling tomorrow as soon as I get to the office ad will start sourcing the clips and hardware. My idea is to offer them ready to go, with clips assembled and all.
                    I'm not sure how interested you are in making and shipping a lot of these, but if you start a new thread and offer it as a group buy I bet you would have at least 20-30 people interested.

If you want, I can move these posts into a new thread for you. Let me know.
                    Last edited by Mick; 08-10-2021, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mick, great idea. Was thinking of 10 but if the community wants these I have no problem making more. Sent for quotes this morning in quantities of 10,20 and 50 to see if I can make it work. Will have my kid handle the shipping logistics as it seems we might be starting the school year from home here in FL.

Comment

Please add me to the list / I can respond to an individual thread if posted.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
                          Thanks Mick, great idea. Was thinking of 10 but if the community wants these I have no problem making more. Sent for quotes this morning in quantities of 10,20 and 50 to see if I can make it work. Will have my kid handle the shipping logistics as it seems we might be starting the school year from home here in FL.
                          New thread created. Thank you for doing this.

Comment

Count me in as well!

Comment

what the hell... i'm in!

Comment

Working...
                              X