Stock shifter assemblage / valve cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock shifter assemblage / valve cover

Looking for a complete-ish shifter assembly, want to try something before I spend the big bucks on a fancy shifter. I think the e30 325 assembly is the same.

Also looking for a valve cover- so I can make one pretty and still drive my car...

970 to two too 9597

Thanks.
    Dave.
    Dave.
    76 M2

Dave which part you need? Highlight the screen on real oem and let me see if I can help.
    Finnally Powered by my ///M3
    1990 E30 M3
    1973 M2

Comment

Originally posted by Hamik View Post
      Dave which part you need? Highlight the screen on real oem and let me see if I can help.
      Thanks Hamik. I suppose at a dead nuts minimum, 1 and 12. It would be nice to have bushing 4. The rest of the pieces would be nice. 2 isn't necessary, nor is 7, but if someone had all of it I'd take it. Basically the mechanical bits.

I'm contemplating getting rid of the ball on 9 and the socket 10, and using a spherical bearing pressed into 1, with relevant changes to 9 to work with it. What would be nice about that is it would be very easy to change the motion ratio of the shifter on the spot without needing a complete new 9. Just something I've been thinking about for a while. It would probably require fabrication of 9 as it would need to go in the lathe, but basically it's a bent rod with a loop on the end, and I think someone mentioned using needle bearings in there? At the pivot to 12?

Dave.
      76 M2

Comment

I have them all.
        Finnally Powered by my ///M3
        1990 E30 M3
        1973 M2

Comment

Dave,

Browse at 123Bearing.com for the size you need. If it exists they have will them with and without grease seals.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamik View Post
            I have them all.
            Sweet. Can you part with them for $150 shipped?
            Dave.
            76 M2

Comment

Originally posted by JimK View Post
              Dave,

Browse at 123Bearing.com for the size you need. If it exists they have will them with and without grease seals.
              Thanks Jim.
              Dave.
              76 M2

Comment

Dave,

See post #3 in this thread. Mick had some good suggestions. I went with his suggestions and was impressed with the results. This might be the solution you are looking for.

Shifter Buzz - How To Eliminate - S14.net (vbulletin.net)

Mark
                1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post
                  Dave,

See post #3 in this thread. Mick had some good suggestions. I went with his suggestions and was impressed with the results. This might be the solution you are looking for.

Shifter Buzz - How To Eliminate - S14.net (vbulletin.net)

Mark
                  Thanks Mark. Went a step further and just ordered the kit Marshal had listed at the end from Turner. I'm sure that'll all help. Thanks.
                  Dave.
                  76 M2

Comment

Originally posted by irdave View Post

Thanks Mark. Went a step further and just ordered the kit Marshal had listed at the end from Turner. I'm sure that'll all help. Thanks.
                    Glad I could help. A couple of notes:

1) Per Mick - "If you buy the kit remember to not use their delrin front carrier bushings (for 4)". I have a set of Powerflex Black Series bushes for #4 if you want them. No charge, PM me your address and I'll send them out.

2) I'd recommend going with the UUC DSSR if your budget allows rather than the OEM selector rod.

Thanks,
                    Mark
                    1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

Glad I could help. A couple of notes:

1) Per Mick - "If you buy the kit remember to not use their delrin front carrier bushings (for 4)". I have a set of Powerflex Black Series bushes for #4 if you want them. No charge, PM me your address and I'll send them out.

2) I'd recommend going with the UUC DSSR if your budget allows rather than the OEM selector rod.

Thanks,
                      Mark
                      Thanks Mark.
                      Dave.
                      76 M2

Comment

Working...
                      X