Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: (Finally) Special Snorkel with integrated Airfilter for the BMW M3 E30 DTM Airbox

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FS: (Finally) Special Snorkel with integrated Airfilter for the BMW M3 E30 DTM Airbox

    For sale is a special Airfilter solution for the BMW M3 E30 Carbon DTM Airbox.
    It is a special build Carbon Snorkel with a integrated BMC Airfilter.It is a 1:1 replacement against that normal snorkel that comes with the most DTM Airboxes.
    With that solution you could clean your filter without removing the complete snorkel.








    It is a limited production, 15 Units will be build
    Today i got the first 9 pieces - the rest i'll get in the end of january




    These are the last 15 that my friend will build as it is too moch work (his words ) to make them

    Price include filter is 490 Euro + shipping



    http://www.bmwm3shop.de

  • #2
    Finally! I'll take one!

    Comment


    • #3
      Markus, did he do any testing with this one vs the other one a little further downstream? any difference? I recall someone testing a bunch of different solutions and the huge long cone one inside the snorkel had the best results.

      Also, I don't recall, what did the works BMW teams use? nothing? or just a filter like sock over the end of the snorkel?

      T

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post
        Markus, did he do any testing with this one vs the other one a little further downstream? any difference? I recall someone testing a bunch of different solutions and the huge long cone one inside the snorkel had the best results.

        Also, I don't recall, what did the works BMW teams use? nothing? or just a filter like sock over the end of the snorkel?

        T
        The original airboxes had a large cylindrical drop in filter. The inlet was also cylindrical was completely different shape than what we have grown used to seeing in the replica airboxes.
        The first gen airboxes were the ones that had the faux portal on the side for a ride along AFM that sat on the inner fender.

        What we are used to was the 2nd generation inlet and airbox.
        I dont think the teams with the later open scoop boxes used anything unless some teams did something like what we do and tape some kind kind of filter material over the inlet scoop. I have never seen a single photo with anything over the inlet scoop.
        Last edited by jimmy p.; 12-20-2021, 05:26 AM.
        jimmy p.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 - V10

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

          The original airboxes had a large cylindrical drop in filter. The inlet was also cylindrical was completely different shape than what we have grown used to seeing in the replica airboxes.
          The first gen airboxes were the ones that had the faux portal on the side for a ride along AFM that sat on the inner fender.
          Good illustration of what Jimmy is talking about (photo from Gustave Stroes' archives).

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Early Airbox.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1307106

          1990 M3

          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

            Good illustration of what Jimmy is talking about (photo from Gustave Stroes' archives).

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Early Airbox.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1307106
            that was used 87/88
            The later cars have used that "Syphon"




            most time without filter

            the one that i sell here is in first line for street cars

            http://www.bmwm3shop.de

            Comment


            • #7
              I will take one.
              Dan

              88 M3
              Black on Black

              San Diego, CA
              USA

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Markus

                I would like to buy one of these please
                Please send details of how to pay etc

                Adam














                http://garage.s14power.com/showgalle...08&ppuser=1534

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by redsportt View Post
                  Hi Markus

                  I would like to buy one of these please
                  Please send details of how to pay etc

                  Adam
                  PM send

                  http://www.bmwm3shop.de

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hello Markus, please put me down for one as well.

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by evanboyle View Post
                      Hello Markus, please put me down for one as well.

                      Thanks!
                      PM send

                      http://www.bmwm3shop.de

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Me too!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Should have mine today! Thanks!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            PM Sent!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ok guys, these 9 Units are sold now.
                              Hope to get the last 6 pieces in the end of january.
                              So let's make a list for the last ones

                              1: Mick
                              2:
                              3:
                              4:
                              5:
                              6:



                              http://www.bmwm3shop.de

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X