I have a set

Leave a comment:

• evanboyle
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Austin
    replied
    Evan - so you are aware, the trailing arms are interchangeable from a late 318i or 325i, you would just need to move the M3 specific backing plate, wheel hub and wheel bearing over. for what it's worth, the subframes are virtually the same, save for the extra tab on the M3 subframe for the secondary exhaust mount.

Austin

Leave a comment:

• 1990m3
    replied
    The Z3M arms are harder to find. I did the reinforcement on my trailing arms on my racecar to mimic the z3M arms and it was pretty easy. Think I bought the pieces precut from garagistic or someone like that and just welded them in.

Leave a comment:

• evanboyle
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
    I believe any e30 rear trailing arm will work. You just need to install the m3 specific hub and wheel bearing. Could be wrong, been a while since I looked into it.
    Ah that is good info - thanks, they certainly look the same (except for # of lugs on the hub). I see E36 Z3M reinforced arms also may be a direct swap..

Leave a comment:

• 1990m3
    replied
    I believe any e30 rear trailing arm will work. You just need to install the m3 specific hub and wheel bearing. Could be wrong, been a while since I looked into it.

Leave a comment:

• evanboyle
    replied
    Originally posted by agrabau View Post
    Hi Evan, I think I have a whole rear setup but I'm not sure what it's worth to anyone. It's clean and not rusty. Perhaps the list could help us place a value on it and we can go from there? -Alex
    Thanks man! I don't know what they're worth either but like the idea of a 'forum consensus' on the pricing.

::edit:: I'm seeing used RTAs with hubs for $150-250 and subframes for around $150 (on eBay); If we can work out a deal / trade I'd appreciate it.

Also, it was one of the brake caliper carrier tabs with missing threads, not the lower shock tube mount - I just looked at the setup and My rear subframe looks really nice... Now I am considering just replacing the 1 RTA and refurbishing / upgrading what I have now.

Take care,
    Evan

Leave a comment:

• agrabau
    replied
    Hi Evan, I think I have a whole rear setup but I'm not sure what it's worth to anyone. It's clean and not rusty. Perhaps the list could help us place a value on it and we can go from there? -Alex

Leave a comment:

• evanboyle
    started a topic WTB: Rear trailing arms & subframe

WTB: Rear trailing arms & subframe

Hey guys, I am in need of a replacement passenger side (Right) rear trailing arm. When installing my new Wilwood brakes, I found that the rear lower shock mount was stripped. I replaced the stock HW with a longer 8.8 bolt and flanged nut cap but would like to go back to 'stock'.

I'm thinking ahead for the future & wouldn't mind building an entire rear subframe/RTAs - this way I can weld in reinforcement steel & camber/toe adjusters then press in new bushings, & wheel bearings / paint the whole rear end.

Does anybody have spares sitting in their garage? Thanks!
Working...
X