Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Nice CM5908 radio

Hello,

I have a 1988 M3 and I am looking for the original radio (I do not have the fader control, so I believe it is a CM5908) and any associated parts if you have them, such as the radio cage, harness, etc. The OE radio was removed from my car over 20 years ago by the PO. I believe the removed the plug to the radio as well.

Radio must be nice and in working condition. Please PM me if you have one you are willing to part with.

Thank you so much

Sash
    sigpic
    Sash K
    '88 BMW M3
    '72 BMW 3.0CS
    '04 330Xi 6-spd
    '90 Ford F-150 4WD

Sash- I have had quite a few of these radios over the years, and must say that, even if someone has a good working example, it likely will not be working for long, as the 5908s are plagued with issues.

There is a very helpful guy named Bradnic on R3V who runs a company called “OEM HiFi” who goes through and rebuilds the bits that not if, but when, will fail on a used 5908 that hasn’t been gone through.

Just wanted to suggest the above before you go spending big money on a used 5908.

Comment

I used Brad (Brad Nicholas) when my CM5908 crapped out. Unfortunately it was not repairable, but he had a rebuilt unit on the shelf. We worked out an exchange price as my original radio had parts value.

His contact is:

[email protected]
      (630) 596-6441

Mark
      1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

I just had my 5908 completely gone through, swapped my cosmetics into a new chassis with the Cantaloupe Bluetooth module! Highly recommend Bradnic, above

Comment

I have one I purchased from a fellow member here. I have never installed it, bur he claimed everything worked and I believed him. I paid approx. $200. I will never use it so if you want to take a chance on it for $150 plus shipping and fees let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
            I just had my 5908 completely gone through, swapped my cosmetics into a new chassis with the Cantaloupe Bluetooth module! Highly recommend Bradnic, above
            Is the cantaloupe BT module available again?
            88 M3 Henna
            95 M3 Orange
            97 M3 Techno

Comment

I wanted to take a moment and thank you all so much for the advice. Good to know there are good resources on this radio and experts to repair them. I think I have a path forward!

Happy Fathers day to all you fathers out there.

Sash
              sigpic
              Sash K
              '88 BMW M3
              '72 BMW 3.0CS
              '04 330Xi 6-spd
              '90 Ford F-150 4WD

Comment

I rebuild them and have a cm5908 in stock. cantaloupe boards are still NLA but I make a kit that allows for BT music and handsfree calls.

Let me know if you’re interested.

I do not have factory harnesses available but you can absolutely cut one from a junkyard car. The one complete setup I have is my ‘test bench’ rig including the amplifier and speakers.

Take care,
                Evan

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post

Is the cantaloupe BT module available again?
                  It sounds like Brad/Jay are cooking again and should have some available. Don't quote me on it but he said they're getting back into the groove. I'd reach out

Comment

Working...
                  X