Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Glass Moonroof Kit

Hey S14-

I listed this on R3V and figured I'd list it on here as well.

I am letting go of an item from the secret stash.... the coveted E30 Glass Moonroof. The moonroof bolts into the stock E30 gates/cables, and uses a modified sunroof headliner slider and slider covers for the silver rails. Pretty simple, but cool setup.

Some info:

-The moonroof trim was in poor shape so I safely pulled the trim to paint but didn't paint. It needs some SEM and then gluing back onto the moonroof.

-I removed one of the mounting rails on the moonroof to repaint, and it is now glued back down with the proper bonding material to do so.

-The moonroof headliner and slider is present. The headliner is damaged on a corner, and the black backing is cracked in two places and will need to be glued.

-Moonroof Specific Slide Rail Covers present and in good shape.

Price: $2500

Local pickup only in 46013. If you really want this shipped, it won't be cheap, and it will be at the cost and risk of the buyer, as this is all extremely fragile, irreplaceable stuff, and shipping companies treat this the same as a box of dog food.

Onto photos:

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
    Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

Interesting, is this an ASC kit?
    I have a similar glass sunroof and associated brochures (I think I still have documents) on my E30 318iS. There is an additional switch on the console to control the glass sunroof.

Are all electronics, harnesses, etc included?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM View Post
      Interesting, is this an ASC kit?
      I have a similar glass sunroof and associated brochures (I think I still have documents) on my E30 318iS. There is an additional switch on the console to control the glass sunroof.

Are all electronics, harnesses, etc included?
      This is not an ASC kit- this is the kit offered by BMW through their Accessory catalog. The ASC kit didn’t fit in the factory sunroof opening and thus required a bunch of other ancillary bits to work.

This BMW kit bolts up to the factory sunroof gates and cables, so there are no additional electronics, harnesses, etc as it operates as a standard sunroof would.

Comment

Working...
      X