Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: stock S14 parts and rebuild parts

Hey guys,

I'm selling some parts to fund my 2.7L engine build. I am basing prices off previous sold listings here on this forum (not ridiculous ebay posted prices). The new parts are a deep discount compared to new prices. If you don't think the price is fair, I'm open to fair offers. I am located in Asheville NC but I will be doing some traveling around the East Coast this month and into the Winter.

Air filter clamshell and AFM. $375
    Air intake manifold (no throttle bodies). $300
    Cams. OBO
    Pistons and rods- OBO.
    Crankshaft-checked by machine shop to be within spec for bearing journals. It was also polished. Removed from running engine. $1400
    Grille surrounds (new) and kidney grilles-US spec. 75
    Steering rack-I might sell this, open to offers.

New parts:
    Head gasket-$80
    piston rings standard-$100
    wrist pin bushings. $25. 11240618100/42
    rod bearings standard, red. $30 11241310515/41
    rod bolts-$75 11241307140

Photos:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...eW?usp=sharing

Headgasket and rod bearings sold

Comment

Hi Nick,

New member here, but have been on the SIG since 2000 - hope I am doing this right.

I am looking for some cams - stock or just one step up. My original engine is undergoing a rebuild, and the OE cams have a few small pits, so am looking for better. Poking around here, I haven't yet found anyone selling OE profile cams, so have no idea what would be a fair offer. Searching the SIG archive doesn't find anything even remotely recent.

Not looking to build a hot motor, it's been my DD for over 20 years (278K miles on the chassis) just trying to get it back on the road.

Thanks,

David

Comment

I think if you post to the SIG you'll probably find some good condition stock cams. I've got 4 in the garage somewhere that I can dig up but other than detailed photos I wouldn't be able to vouch for their serviceability.
        1988 M3
        2007 Lotus Exige S

Comment

The SIG has been pretty quiet lately, but sure worth a try. Just don't want to get pulled down the rabbit hole of bigger cams, lose the AFM, flywheel etc.!

Comment

I feel like if you do anything you should really look at a full standalone. VSR has a good solution... :P

I saw your post on the SIG, if no one reputable responds I'll try and dig out my stock cams and assess their condition.
            1988 M3
            2007 Lotus Exige S

Comment

Originally posted by DavidLMM View Post
              Hi Nick,

New member here, but have been on the SIG since 2000 - hope I am doing this right.

I am looking for some cams - stock or just one step up. My original engine is undergoing a rebuild, and the OE cams have a few small pits, so am looking for better. Poking around here, I haven't yet found anyone selling OE profile cams, so have no idea what would be a fair offer. Searching the SIG archive doesn't find anything even remotely recent.

Not looking to build a hot motor, it's been my DD for over 20 years (278K miles on the chassis) just trying to get it back on the road.

Thanks,

David

Hey David, wow, that is SO cool you have an M3 with that many miles. Love it! Shoot me a text or give me a call. I'll send some details photos of the cams to you. I just sent you a direct message with my cell number.
              Nick

Comment

hah, totally missed that nick had a set of stock cams for sale in his listing.
                1988 M3
                2007 Lotus Exige S

Comment

Working...
                X