This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: Alpha N, CF airbox, and cam GroupBuy from John

Speaking with John about a possible GB on the Alpha N and CF airbox. Another group is interested and if we can get around 10 people interested its a go.... for the AN and Airbox. John also has the Shrick cam GB as well.

So who wants an Alpha N or airbox? Prices would be a bit more than the Christmas time GB. Its summer time!
    Last edited by Sbailey294; 05-10-2006, 01:02 PM.
    Steve
    "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

What's the GB Price? I'm too lazy to search for what it was at Christmas.

I believe I may be in.

Edit: Not sure I'd have the USD to get the cam now.
    Last edited by OPTIMO; 05-10-2006, 01:03 PM.
    www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

Well I am almost done my home made carbon fiber box, if it works out, I might just be in for it.
      Project M3 - Part Sell Off

Comment

hi, im in New Zealand but would be keen.. what is the GB price in US$ so i can convert price to NZ$.. also when are you looking at the GB??
        Crusin' down da road.. 142dB, life is good.

Comment

I may be interested, would like price breakdowns though.

Comment

Optimo,
            Here is what I found in the search, regarding the X-mas GB:
            http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...threadid=15338

Comment

Thanks.

Damn weak USD. :(
              www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

Tentatively interested.

Ash.

Sold...

Comment

Yeah the conversion is evil (USD - Euro) John said it would be more $ but still comparable to the Christmas GB.
                  Last edited by Sbailey294; 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM.
                  Steve

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Comment

I need a 284 schrick cam.

Comment

I would be in for an alpha N kit.
                      -kevin

Comment

Ok well lets be clear...the sooner we know who is in for sure the sooner we all get our respective stuff.

1-Sbailey294
                        2-sector7g
                        Steve

Comment

Sbailey,
                          Can you throw us some prices on the CF Airbox, Alpha N and Cam?
                          A close estimate might help so I will be able to confirm my order.
                          Thank you for your help in this GB, J

Comment

John said "close the the price of the Christmas GB, however they are going to be a bit more because the AN unit now has more features as well as assembly cost have risen"

John can chime in when we have a locked on price.
                            Steve

Comment

Summer Group Buy -- May 2006
                              ----------------------------

************************************************** ***************

General information:

First, Maxx-Automotive would like to adress a couple of common questions and
                              also provide some assurance:
                              Q: Who is handling the group buy?
                              A: Maxx-Automotive (www.maxx-automotive.com). However, we sometimes
                              allow trusted individuals to assist in handling group buy related
                              activities/tasks, those individuals are named and are usually the
                              initiator of the group buy.

Q: Does Maxx-Automotive have a good track record handling group buys?
                              A: Maxx has an excellent track record and additionally good pre & post
                              product support. However, due to the hand made nature of some
                              products, and depending upon volume, it is not always easy to
                              accurately predict the time frame between first order and last
                              delivery. One should generally allow 2 months to handle everyones order
                              in a group buy. Deliveries are performed in the order that payments
                              were received. Every AN unit that goes out the door has been field
                              tested to minimize the risk of faults. So, dont worry and please have
                              some trust that your order will be processed as fast as reasonably
                              possible. Many people tend to post on the forums when they have
                              received their package, so this is usually a general indicator that
                              orders are being fulfilled. The first guys who have their stuff are
                              not the ones who wait for 2 weeks after the cutoff date to get their
                              order in stating that they have a race in 3 weeks

Q: How is Alpha N tuned?
                              A: AN comes with base maps. The car will start
                              right up. But it NEEDS to be tuned to YOUR engine. While a knowledgeable
                              DIYer can typically perform installation and tuning himself,
                              Maxx-automotive
                              recommends professional installation and tuning. The product provides
                              the means to tune your engine, the actual tuning requires some basic
                              knowledge of engines. It is also recommended that your engine,
                              electronics
                              and sensors are in good shape to start with. Maxx-automotive assists in
                              diagnosis, but please be aware that long distant diagnosis can be
                              difficult.
                              Sometimes you need to visit a local professional and the problem is
                              easily
                              resolved. There may be a slight learning curve for the DIYer, but if you
                              like this sort of stuff, it is fun.

Q: Should I get a wideband O2 sensor (WBO2)?
                              A: Yes, it is HIGHLY recommended, not just to assist the DIYer while
                              tuning, but also to allow *constant* monitoring of AFR (Air Fuel Ratio)
                              on a daily basis. It is a very good tool/guage to have.
                              Maxx-AN will work with basically any WBO2, but the commonly used ones are
                              from Innovate Motorsport and Techedge. The best type to get is
                              with the remote display (allows permanent install into vehicle).

Q: What does a carbon airbox do for me?
                              A: These are actually full intake systems (from the racing world),
                              in Europe called an "Airbox", not to be confused with your
                              "air filter box" -- often called an airbox as well. It is also not
                              like any of the common CAI (Cold Air Intake) setups (heat shielded
                              cone filter in front of the AFM/MAF or e.g. "gruppe M" intake).

A CF Airbox generally has tuned intake runners, a large plenum volume
                              (an S14 18 cm runner airbox has over 15l volume), no AFM or MAF in the
                              intake path, a snorkel routing cold air from the front grill or bumper
                              area. Carbon Fiber is an excellent heat insulator and keeps the cold
                              intake air cold until it gets into the throttle bodies. The airboxes
                              are very light and take weight off the engine and front end of the car.
                              If you have ever removed your plenum/runners/airfilter box assembly;
                              you will understand just how heavy this stuff is.

What is offered?

There are various carbon fiber airboxes (air plenum intakes) available.
                              Quoted below are prices for:
                              -- S14 CF replica plenum weighs just 1.5 lbs
                              -- S14 DTM airbox for 46 or 48 mm throttle bodies
                              -- S14 DTM airbox for S38 50 mm throttle bodies
                              -- CF airbox for 2002 with S14 engine transplant

Additionally, these airbox setups are also available, not priced
                              below but allowed in the GB. Inquire for details.
                              -- E36 M3 euro with various runner lengths available
                              -- E36 M3 euro with integrated MAF (HFM)
                              -- E36 M3 USA with 6 ITB* (individual throttle body) conversion
                              -- E46 M3 CSL style with either 200 mm or 120 mm necked down snorkel
                              -- E46 M3 with integrated MAF (HFM)
                              -- M50 powered vehicles with 6 ITB conversion
                              -- (almost ready) M20 powered with 6 ITB conversion
                              -- (almost ready) CF intake for S38 in E34 chassis
                              -- (almost ready) CF intake for S50B30/32 Euro in E30 M3 chassis

*Maxx-automotive also supplies ITBs at reduced pricing (inquire for details)
                              pictures of many of the airbox setups can be found here:

http://john.gmstech.de

There is a separate Shrick cam group buy that Maxx-automotive has
                              started with the Australian BMW enthusiasts (with the help of Dave), and
                              these cams are allowed in the GB as well for those interested in a
                              more complete topend setup. Pricing and further info can be found here:

http://john.gmstech.de/schrick.html

Maxx-Automotive Alpha N systems are piggy back units for use with
                              the stock motronic. A picture of a typical kit can be seen here:

http://john.gmstech.de/e30airbox/ankit1.jpg

Download software (for testing) and documentation here:
                              http://www.maxx-automotive.de/dl.html

Note: not all features can be tested in the software if not
                              connected and online with an alpha N unit.

The Alpha N is proven to work with the following motors:
                              -- S14, M88, S38 (3.5l, 3.6l), M50, M20, M30

Please adress any inquiries to: [email protected]
                              you can also contact me at: [email protected]

please use as email subject "Summer Group Buy"
                              this assists in anwering your email as quickly as possible (and
                              gets it past any spam filters!).

Prices in euro:

# S14 CF airbox orders:
                              Brake resevoir kit: 49 euro
                              CF snorkel kit: 136 euro
                              CF airbox + install kit: 930 euro
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              Total CF airbox: 1115 euro

options:
                              CF air-filter housing: 150 euro

alpha N kit: 700 euro

Prices in USD (current exchange rate local banks: $1.28=1 euro):

# S14 CF airbox orders:
                              Brake resevoir kit: $63
                              CF snorkel kit: $174
                              CF airbox + install kit: $1190
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Total CF airbox: $1427

options:
                              CF air-filter housing: $192

*50 mm throttle body airbox for M5 TBs, add 80 euro ($102)

alpha N kit: $896

other:

*2002tii airbox same price as above minus snorkel kit.

CF replica plenum for stock (AFM) installations: 480 euro ($615)

shipping rates:
                              via insured DHL airmail (basic insurance for 500 euro value)
                              48 euro ($62) for small package up to 6 kg (13.2 lbs)
                              75 euro ($96) for large package up to 12 kg (26.4 lbs)

fedex possible, contact [email protected] for options.

please use as email subject "Summer Group Buy"
                              this assists in anwering your email as quickly as possible (and
                              gets it past any spam filters!).

Big thanks to john for his Email, please post if you wish to get in on the Group buy, remeber also, Shrick cams are avalible on GB price till may 31.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X