WTB Stromung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Stromung

Does anybody have a good used Stromung muffler available? I used to have one on a different car, and I loved it, but now I need one in a relative hurry to replace my rusty old stock one so I can pass inspection. Stromungs seem to be hard to get new, so I was hoping somebody has one sitting around.

Thanks,

Will

'88 M3 rusty exhaust
    '89 M3 full race exhaust!
    Speed, as Iíve said many times before, makes you cleverer.

-Jeremy Clarkson

stromung

I bought one new for an e36 and love it, build quality is great and so is the sound. http://www.understeer.com/

Comment

have one in my car..agree it sounds pretty beefy . sorry not forsale, good luck.
      :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

Tell you what Will, I'll make you a straight up trade. My stromung for your race car

I know I know, its very generous of me, but it is the least that I could do.
        Bryan K.
        Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

Oh Brian,
          You never have anything but my best interests in mind:p

Actually the race car is down right now with a trashed pressure plate from Barber, so it's not all that driveable. I did the whole exhaust on that car cheaper than a new Stromung though. Street exhausts suck.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

What kind of clutch/pp were you using? I'm looking at buying a clutch very soon, but mine isn't a pure track car.

Street exhausts are rediculous in their pricing. I have the VSR center with stromung and love the sound, but for the price it doesn't seem worth it.
            Bryan K.
            Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

It was a stock clutch and pressure plate with a JB flywheel. Two of the PP bolts sheared off in the flywheel and the bolt heads bounced around and messed up the flywheel. The PP actually cracked in a couple of places. Nasty.

I'm getting my flywheel repaired right now and we met a guy at Barber that can order upgraded PPs from Spec Clutches. I'll probably just put my stock clutch back in for now. It's not like a JP car really makes enough power to justify a $600 Spec clutch, and the driveability on those sucks anyway.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Try Mario at VSR (VSR1.com).

He just put one on mine. Is good!
                A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Working...
                X