Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: sport evo interior/cloth/anything... any leads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC67
    replied
    I think Fred sold those, they were the lighter grey cloth inserts.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• michollock
    replied
    Check the latest Roundel.... There was a full set for sale that looked great in the classified adds in the back.

Leave a comment:

• KC67
    replied
    The cloth was shipped from Germany, just wating for it now........
    Kevin
    Last edited by KC67; 04-04-2007, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Originally posted by KC67 View Post
    I would sew double lines make it more like a french seam. Here are the 2 shades the light grey it is pretty cool but NLA.
    Kevin
    Kevin,
    Any news on this? I like the darker shade.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• punnzzells
    replied
    Originally posted by LINUS View Post
    Well, there's front seats(sort of) and doorcards, I know rear seat seatback is different, maybe the rear seatbottom too? I can't see the rear cards fitting the same from a cabbie to a hardtop, but I've been wrong before. Cool car though, but something tells me I'd like Vlad's project cabbie more.

Kev - did you get a sample yet? I'm curious if we really hit the wall on m-tech fabric, or what?
    well , I know for sure that Cabbie rears seats won't fit in a regular E30.... but never tried the door cards...

but , you could always just buy the cabbie... take all the pannels off of your car.. put the material from the cabbie on your door cards and then go to your scrap yard and find a panel set.. re sell the car afterwards... lot of work for door cards... and by the way... the door cards are only stappled on..

mike
    Last edited by punnzzells; 03-08-2007, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KC67
    replied

Kev - did you get a sample yet? I'm curious if we really hit the wall on m-tech fabric, or what?
    Supposed to be here at the end of next week, I will let everyone know.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• LINUS
    replied
    Well, there's front seats(sort of) and doorcards, I know rear seat seatback is different, maybe the rear seatbottom too? I can't see the rear cards fitting the same from a cabbie to a hardtop, but I've been wrong before. Cool car though, but something tells me I'd like Vlad's project cabbie more.

Leave a comment:

• intense_jono
    replied
    oh man.. that's what I want :OMG:

Leave a comment:

• punnzzells
    replied
    check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/bmw-m...QQcmdZViewItem

Leave a comment:

• KC67
    replied
    Originally posted by vlad View Post
    +1
    As I was stating he is waiting for me to find the cloth, as he no longer has any.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• vlad
    replied
    Originally posted by ///M3 Terr View Post
    Don McAdams is the way to go, you've already got the link.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• KC67
    replied
    Yes, I bet you would do well with this - especially if you can get the seam to lay flat the way they bond the vinyl to the fabric on OE ones. I hope your fabric is the correct stuff, is it true there are 2 different background shades on m-tech cloth? I heard there was a light grey, and the darker anthracite color used on the Sport Evo. I've never persued it, but have you ever seen it? I'm not even sure it exists, just read it somewhere.
    I would sew double lines make it more like a french seam. Here are the 2 shades the light grey it is pretty cool but NLA.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• LINUS
    replied
    Originally posted by KC67 View Post
    I need to start making leather door panels with mtech cloth centers, sounds like a good market. I will keep everyone posted my meter should be here in a week or so.
    Kevin
    Yes, I bet you would do well with this - especially if you can get the seam to lay flat the way they bond the vinyl to the fabric on OE ones. I hope your fabric is the correct stuff, is it true there are 2 different background shades on m-tech cloth? I heard there was a light grey, and the darker anthracite color used on the Sport Evo. I've never persued it, but have you ever seen it? I'm not even sure it exists, just read it somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• KC67
    replied
    I need to start making leather door panels with mtech cloth centers, sounds like a good market. I will keep everyone posted my meter should be here in a week or so.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• LINUS
    replied
    Originally posted by intense_jono View Post
    basically I want to transform my tan'd interior into a sport evo interior, i.e. with the m3 cloth. Does anyone know where to buy the m3 cloth from.. or door panels etc etc.. any advice would be appreciated.. apart from "dont bother" haha
    cheers.
    Hey man, like I said in the other thread -you aren't going to get OEM panels, save someone crashing a car with these panels. I bought the 2nd to last driver side panel, and I know who got the last one after I told him there was 1 left. There are still 9 passenger side ones, but that's it. Rear panels have been NLA quite some time, and I had a post up for ~10 months before I paid and got a set from a car being converted to a racer.

I will have some left over m-tech cloth once my interior is done, but I'm getting a growing list of people who want my extra, and I bet the day I tell the 1st guy on my list it's FS, he'll take it.

Unless Kevin gets that large roll, it's possible maybe BMW is really done with supporting 20 year old interiors. Not trying to create a scare, just thinking out loud.

Good luck finding cloth, let alone real OEM panels. I consider myself lucky as heck, and I started collecting and putting out ads 2 years ago. I think I'm the last guy who will have a Sport Evo replica interior for anything close to affordable terms. Now when you see good cards, they may fetch an unbelievable amount.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X