FS: VAC 3/4" Roll Center Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: VAC 3/4" Roll Center Spacers

Almost new, one weekend of use. Great product, but I need the 1" spacer so these 3/4" units have to go. $100, SHIPPED!

Christopher
    Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Chris, I have the 3/4" spacer and wondering what your opinion is on them. What's the reason for the step up to 1"?

I was considering the 1" but was told that 3/4" was plenty for most applications.

Comment

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
      Chris, I have the 3/4" spacer and wondering what your opinion is on them. What's the reason for the step up to 1"?

I was considering the 1" but was told that 3/4" was plenty for most applications.
      Our application isn't like most. I've got to get the JP car lower, and the 3/4" isn't enough. The main reason I need the 1" (which is still going to be marginal) is because I've got to get the ride height correct with 245/40/17 R6s on a 17X9 Team Dynamics PR1s. It's an awfully big wheel/tire combo that increases the ride height quite a bit. 3/4" should be plenty for even the lowest 15" and 16" wheel/tire combos. The VAC spacer is very nice. I've just got to trade-up for the bigger unit.
      Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

Would like to buy... PMing

Comment

Chris I'm not sure if I read your post correctly but it sounds like you are using these to reduce your ride height?

All these spacers do are reduce caster and correct the control arm angle - you would be correct on using a larger spacer for an extremely low car, but the spacer by itself will not affect ride height more than 1 or 2 mm.

I'm not familiar with the rules of JP but my Turner JS kit rode pretty high due to the crash mounts up top - I switched to Vorshlag camber plates and now my 225/40R18s are tucked up in the fender.
          Last edited by M3Driver; 05-27-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Brian,

Chris only mentioned suspension height because it is the reason his tie rods are at a severe angle (more so than std lowering). Hence the need for taller ackerman/roll center spacers.
            Pat

Comment

right on, I figured as much but wanted to verify

Comment

Originally posted by M3Driver View Post
                Chris I'm not sure if I read your post correctly but it sounds like you are using these to reduce your ride height?

All these spacers do are reduce caster and correct the control arm angle - you would be correct on using a larger spacer for an extremely low car, but the spacer by itself will not affect ride height more than 1 or 2 mm.

I'm not familiar with the rules of JP but my Turner JS kit rode pretty high due to the crash mounts up top - I switched to Vorshlag camber plates and now my 225/40R18s are tucked up in the fender.
                Originally posted by m3pat2 View Post
                Brian,

Chris only mentioned suspension height because it is the reason his tie rods are at a severe angle (more so than std lowering). Hence the need for taller ackerman/roll center spacers.
                Originally posted by M3Driver View Post
                right on, I figured as much but wanted to verify

I think we are all on the same page now.

PMs replied.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SPACERS ARE SOLD!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
                Last edited by WBSAK03; 05-27-2008, 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
                X