Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

E30 M3 Book: 17,980 Emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 Book: 17,980 Emotions

Got a nice package in the mail from Germany:

Lance Richert '88 M3

How to order...

I have no affiliation with the seller, just a happy costomer.

This is a 400-page book - with 1,000 pictures - about the E30 M3 written by Peter Sebald. It is, without doubt, the most comprehensive book about the M3 ever written.

The initial price was $300 but Peter is willing to sell the book for less to BMW CCA American enthusiasts. He's making an attractive offer of a discounted price of $155 plus $43 for shipping and handling.

You can pay via PayPal. If interested, contact author Peter Sebald at [email protected] to get his PayPal info. His English is very good. Let him know that you are a BMW CCA member. Also you can confirm that the Euro price is still the same. I ordered mine about 2 months ago. Took about 3 weeks to receive the book in Seattle from Peter in Germany.

If paying via PayPal the price of the book is Book: 120
    Shipping & handling: 32

If using PayPal you need to enter the euro price and PayPal will do the conversion. That's what I did.

The web site is: Publics4drive.com

Folks should click on "M3 Buch (englisch)" at the top of the page.

Ordering information can be found by clicking "Jetz bestellung", also at the top of the page. There are a couple of different sleeve options available that are based on the evolutions of the car.

All in all a very impressive book.
    Lance Richert '88 M3

Comment

If you are paying Paypal in Euro & Paypal does the conversion, be aware the conversion today as I am writing this is $1.39 USD per 1 EU. That would be 120 + 32 = 152. Multiply by $1.39 equals to $211. It is not the bargain he is asking for at $155 + $43 = $198. Just doing my Math. Unless there is something I missed about his discount pricing.....
      Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
      '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
      '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
      '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
      '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
      '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
      '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

So yea, the price is in Euros. The dollar amounts were what the conversion was when I ordered my copy a short while back. Obviously changes on a daily basis.
        Lance Richert '88 M3

Comment

Looks like a great book! Too bad US Dollars aren't worth at least 1 to 1 with the Euro! I remember the days when it used to be the other way around! ...was great buying on German ebay!

I still might be interested in the book. Thanks for the referral,

John

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
            So yea, the price is in Euros. The dollar amounts were what the conversion was when I ordered my copy a short while back. Obviously changes on a daily basis.
            It would be better since he is selling at discounted price as he states at $155 + $43 for S/H and pay Paypal directly at $198. Now, that is a discounted asking price. And at that price, I am willing to send for....
            Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
            '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
            '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
            '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
            '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
            '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
            '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

I bet all the other people who bought for 300 are very please to see who good this limited edition is holding it's price....

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Well e-mail the guy and make an offer. I'm just saying the book is legit and I received mine in good shape.

cheers,

Lance Richert
                Lance Richert '88 M3

Comment

an excellent book and worth twice the price . you wont find a better book on m3 s anywhere

http://garage.s14power.com/showgalle...08&ppuser=1534

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
                    I bet all the other people who bought for 300 are very please to see who good this limited edition is holding it's price....
                    Sometimes these things get discounted to get the vinal inventory moved. But down the road if someone wants a copy and there's only one on Ebay, then the price goes WAY back up. In total there were less than 2,000 copies made, that's a pretty short run for such a large book.

Remember the BMWCCA 25th Anniversary Minichamps model that the BMW Club made something like 3,000 copies? For the longest time they were selling them at a discount to move the final inventory. But if you want one now, they go for double the original retail price.
                    Lance Richert '88 M3

Comment

hey, maybe itll be at amazon cheap

Comment

Working...
                      X