48mm TB's, new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48mm TB's, new

I'm selling a set of 48mm TB's made by john, they do still like new, never mounted, I've bought them from another member that as bought them on a previous GB that john has made.

the reason that I'm selling them, it's because i want to go for a set of 49mm.

Thanks

1300 usd

Bump

Comment

Were they originally 46mm Throttles?

Comment

yes, those were 46mm and ported to 48 mm

Thanks

Comment

I own John's 48mm set, so I can vouch for the integrity. It is well known that 46mm TBs cannot be completely bored to 48mm without going through the case. What makes John's TBs different is that new material is welded onto the case, and this provides the structure for a true 48mm bore. The result is a set of TBs that is physically identical to BMW's original 48mm TBs.
          2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
          1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
          1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

Thanks for making this more clear !

It's not easy for me explaining things in the right way in english.

Comment

Punched 46 TB pics?

Originally posted by Ted B View Post
              What makes John's TBs different is that new material is welded onto the case, and this provides the structure for a true 48mm bore.
              Are there any pics of this extra welded on material?

Thanks,
              Mike K.

Comment

Mike, it's done so well and blended in so smoothly that it's difficult to see it. It really is a first class job. I don't have mine in hand at the moment, but I had to examine it very closely to determine what was done.

Go to: http://www.s14power.com/classifieds/...duct=374&cat=5

Look at the top center photo. Can you see any evidence of it in that photo? It's only just faintly visible.
                2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
                1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
                1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

Just in case anyone else tries to purchase these....

m3_forever, I sent payment for these throttle bodies on On 09Sept2009 via wire transfer. On 09Sept2009 you confirmed receipt of payment and mentioned that you did not have my shipping address. I provided you my shipping address on 09Sept2009 via a PM.

Since then I have sent you numerous PMs asking for a shipping update. I have not heard from you since 09Setp2009.

Please let me know when you shipped these throttle bodies and provide a tracking number.

Comment

Originally posted by indie_wannabe View Post
                    m3_forever, I sent payment for these throttle bodies on On 09Sept2009 via wire transfer. On 09Sept2009 you confirmed receipt of payment and mentioned that you did not have my shipping address. I provided you my shipping address on 09Sept2009 via a PM.

Since then I have sent you numerous PMs asking for a shipping update. I have not heard from you since 09Setp2009.

Please let me know when you shipped these throttle bodies and provide a tracking number.
                    that's a bad feeling best of luck resolving the matter

Comment

Well, I haven't give up yet. There are may be a legitimate circumstances beyond his control that have kept him form shipping these. I was just getting anxious and wanted to publicly document that I had sent payment.

m3_forever has been a member for several years and has bought goods on this forum several times. I don't fear the worst yet.

Comment

Customs can sometimes hold packages a little longer than expected. I doubt
                        m3_forever was trying to scam anyone with these anyways.

Comment

Thanks for the update m3_forever! I'll PM or email you once the TBs show up.

Comment

I received the throttle bodies today. Thanks m3_forever.

Comment

Working...
                            X