FS: Replica DTM oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Replica DTM oil pan

I am producing good quality replica DTM oil pans for the E30 M3. These are CC601 aluminium castings heat treated to T6 condition and then fully machined. They include a full baffle kit, two vertical baffles and the horizontal baffle. The baffles are laser cut from 5083 aluminium, then folded on an NC folding machine for good accuracy and then anodised, and they are then fitted with genuine "Cosworth" rubber flap valves. The tolerances on these baffles are much tighter than the original BMW Motorsport parts, to ensure even better oil control in corners. The sump pan come complete with a new set of yellow zinc bolts and a Wurth sump plug.

The first couple of batches I have made of these pans have sold very quickly, but I am having more cast up at the moment. Delivery on the next available pans will be about 6-8 weeks. Cost of the pan is 930 plus shipping, which is about 70 to the US. If you are interested in one of these please PM me with your full name and email address. I will contact you when they are ready to ship and payment can be made in full then (I will not ask for any deposits etc up front)

BTW, these will not fit cars with airconditioning!

cheers Conrad

couple of pics:
    Last edited by conrod; 11-10-2009, 09:07 PM.
    sigpic

www.m3motorsport.co.nz

Bump for a good dude and honest seller! These pans are as good as it gets.

Good luck mate!

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      These pans are as good as it gets.
      The pans are better than the BMS MS pans?

The pics are gone.

Mike K.

Comment

Thanks Jake! Those engine mounts are happening too, I will keep you posted.

Mike - I have raced a (proper) DTM car for a couple of years now, and just sold it and bought another. I have two original MS pans here. The baffle kits on these worked okayish, but on high G corners with HOT engine oil (over 100C) the oil does find its way past these baffles, into the end of the sump pan, causing the oil pressure to drop. I have logged this on several occasions, and it took quite a while to work out what was going on. After removing the sump pan, and filling it up with water and rocking it side to side, it was easy to see what was happening - the oil was getting past large gaps in the ends of the baffles. These sump pans I have made eliminate about 90% of those gaps.

I won't get into a "this part is better than that part" debate. If you have an original DTM car it is hard to go past having original MS parts fitted, and I like the parts on my car to be MS numbered parts, and not replicas. But I can tell you that one is a whole lot cheaper than the other, AND much more easily available.The quality just happens to be very good too.(and it is 100% made in NZ, NOT China!) Sat beside a MS pan they do look impressive! Below is a pic of one of my pans in the foreground, and two MS pans in the background for comparison.

The intention of making these parts was to give people another option. So you decide.
        cheers Conrad

P.S. links to pics still seem to be there for me- anyone else can't see them?
        Last edited by conrod; 11-11-2009, 05:34 AM.
        sigpic

www.m3motorsport.co.nz

Comment

No pictures :(
          1987 BMW M3 E30

S50B32 swap thread http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43515

Comment

upload the photos to your gallery and post them from there

Comment

I have seen Conrod's links on "another" site, and his work is very impressive! If I didn't have a large-cap pan already, this would be the one that I would buy....
              Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

I am very interested in this pan but don't have the funds at the moment. Is this something that you will continue to produce Conrod or is this a limited time opportunity? Fantastic job BTW....these appear to be very nice and very correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K. View Post
                  The pans are better than the BMS MS pans?

The pics are gone.

Mike K.
                  Yes. If I didn't already have a pan I'd be in on this.

Here are the pics, let me know if they don't show up.

Awesome work Conrad.

Jake

Comment

pics not working Jake
                    91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                    88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                    95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                    04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Does this work? I uploaded them to my gallery. Hope you don't mind Conrad. If you choose to upload them to your gallery here I can go back and update the links no problem. Hope this helps.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        Does this work? I uploaded them to my gallery. Hope you don't mind Conrad. If you choose to upload them to your gallery here I can go back and update the links no problem. Hope this helps.
                        Jake
                        thanks Jake - appreciate that! They were working for me okay, but only when I was logged in. But I had to click on the link to open them. Posting on interweb not my strong point!

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
                        I am very interested in this pan but don't have the funds at the moment. Is this something that you will continue to produce Conrod or is this a limited time opportunity? Fantastic job BTW....these appear to be very nice and very correct.
                        Thanks for the compliment :thank you - it took 7 months, a lot of prototypes, and a lot of money to get these "correct". Dimensionally they are identical to the MS pan, and all parts interchange between the two. This is not a "limited-offer-get-in-quick-while-they-are-available" deal, I will continue to produce these for as long as there is a demand. I do not want to keep producing these if nobody wants them, so by taking names now it gives an indication of how many people still want them, and speeds up the processing once they are completed.

Conrad
                        sigpic

www.m3motorsport.co.nz

Comment

Off topic, Conrod, I read on another site that you had looked into having DTM wheel replicas made, but that it was going to be very expensive.

Having you thought about contacting Paintpro on this forum regarding the possibility of doing something similar through him? I bought a set of BBS RC replicas through his business, and they were very nicely made, lightweight (7.5 kg for a 8.5"), and have the proper certification.

An awesome-looking DTM replica with those specifications would surely be a hit?!
                          Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

Thanks Anders,
                            I have just had a look at his wheels and they do look very good!
                            I have just started on replica Gp.A engine mounts for the M3, so I will focus on that project for now. I don't want to start two projects at once, one is more than enough! I might revisit the wheels and contact this person after this project is completed.

cheers Conrad
                            sigpic

www.m3motorsport.co.nz

Comment

Very nice...

Again... is the price 930 euro's? or 930 NZ dollhairs?
                              Kind Regards
                              Christian

1988 BMW M3 Europameister #53 w. Schnitzer S3 2.5 Sport engine (Garage Queen)
                              1989 BMW 525i M20B25 GT42 (For Dragracing & Fun) :evilnah:
                              1984 BMW 323i Coupe project in progress...

Comment

Working...
                              X