No announcement yet.

Feeler: GB for complete Evo 3 front bumper/venturi/splitter in carbon/Kevlar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: GB for complete Evo 3 front bumper/venturi/splitter in carbon/Kevlar

Folks,

This is just to gauge interest in a GB project to produce a complete Evo 3 front bumper kit to include:

- bumper
    - venturi
    - splitter
    - BMW hardware kit

I'm asking for the main pieces in carbon/Kevlar, but full carbon may be possible. The front bumper is already produced in full carbon.

The goal is for a complete set up in very high quality carbon/Kevlar that includes everything you'll need.

As always, interest depends on price but I cannot quote anything at this time. Expect prices to reflect quality. For reference, the current full CF bumper is listed at $1300.

If you would be interested please repond here or shoot me a PM. This will not obligate anybody to buy, as I said this is just a feeler to gauge interest.

If the supplier is willing to take on the project, I will be asking for a 4 month time line to allow us to put together the official GB, secure funds, begin/finish production, and ship everything out.

I am NOT accepting any profit, collecting funds, or shipping parts myself. My interest only lies in acquiring these parts in carbon/kevlar; a GB is the best way to make that happen. :gotcha:

Just to give an idea of what the Evo 3 venturi and splitter in carbon/kevlar look like, here is a version from a genuine DTM M3.

Thank you for looking,
    Jake

I'm interested as long as it is a 3 piece deal. Shipping to US???

Comment

Hi e30rida. The supplier I'm hoping to use is in the US. And definitely, it must be 3pc. I want reproduction of the factory parts, just in carbon/kevlar.

Jake

Comment

Great then, count me in if it is less than $2k shipped.

Comment

Interested, waiting for pricing

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            Hi e30rida. The supplier I'm hoping to use is in the US. And definitely, it must be 3pc. I want reproduction of the factory parts, just in carbon/kevlar.
            Jake,

Have you contacted Keith at CC? He has the bumper mold already. I can lend him the EIII undertray parts to make the molds.

Are you planning on coping the DTM or stock front bumper? Are you planning on making the bumper with full internal supports (heavy core)?

Thanks,
            Mike K.

Comment

I would be interested depending on price. Also would want to make sure it supports the use of factory turn signals. In other words, streetable.
              Several E30 M3's.

More than I need but not as many as I want....

Comment

Hi Mike. I emailed Keith. He's the only supplier who puts out the kind of quality I'm interested in. His bumper is perfect. I'd like to get a copy of the DTM bumper made but for the moment the stock unit is fine (this is for my street M3). I also emailed my favorite parts guy (Don McAdams) to see about putting together BMW hardware kits for the entire assembly.

Do you have a new E3 venturi? I don't want to recreate the undertray. IMO the stock ABS plastic is probably the best material choice. But the venturi piece should be carbon/Kevlar like above.

Jake

Comment

Inastrangland,

This is 1st for street cars, 2nd for race cars. All external details must be present.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                    Do you have a new E3 venturi?
                    Two complete kits & most of the fasteners. Main tray, adj. splitter, & oil cover all new.

Mike K.

Comment

Perfect. Thanks Mike. Will be in touch.

Jake

Comment

:nice!:

NASA GTS5 #945
                        NASA GTS5 Midwest Regional Champion ('09,'11,'12 & '14)

Comment

Jake,
                          I have a fastener part list somemwhere in excel. Send me your email and I will forward it to you.
                          John
                          Last edited by JEDM3; 11-16-2009, 08:17 AM.
                          88M3 henna

73T100C
                          97 540\6-Gone
                          2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

:nice!::nice!:
                            91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                            88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                            95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                            04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Wow that thing looks great!! Do you think is possible to run the OEM skid plate with that front bumper/splitter/venturi all together? i could be interested depending on final price. My front bumper is a mess and I'm pretty much fixed it since the OEM brand new one was quite expensive as we know, but this one if it's arround there I might jump on it!
                              Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Working...
                              X