Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB interest thread for E30 M3 Mishimoto radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB interest thread for E30 M3 Mishimoto radiator?

Price is $200 shipped in the USA only. We would need 20 people to get this rollin.

http://www.mishimoto.com/bmw-e30-per...tor-82-91.html

To be honest, that is a lot of work to get 20 people for the GB. I think people will
    rather pay the extra $36.25 that's selling on eBay and not have to wait. Just my
    opinion, but if you get the people, more power to you. I have been running this
    radiator on my car with no issues.

Comment

other than the obvious claims, what is the benefit of switching to all aluminum radiator and this one in particular? I have been told my several respected BMW mechanics that the OEM stock radiator is a great design and more than sufficient for the e30 M3.

Im in no way trying to bash on the GB, just curious to know what this rad has to offer over the stock one.

thanks.

A special thank you to:
      archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

Well it was easy getting 20 people together (23 to be exact) for the e36 radiator on the e30tech forum, I figured I could help some of you out.

I could do $210 shipped with no group buy btw.

Comment

E30tech has a much broader audience so much easier. But your $210 shipped is a
          good deal.

Comment

I would be in for one. I've been eyeing them, but am not in too much of a hurry to get one.

But if the GB doesn't happen, I'll probably pick one up for $210 when summer comes around.

88 M3 - 04 LS430 - 03 SL500 - 95 E320 - 70 Mini Cooper
            RC Wheels by Team Pogi

like us on facebook

Comment

yea ok thanks.

A special thank you to:
              archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

the advantage of the all aluminum radiator is that it doesn't have that plastic neck which tends to crack over time (granted a very long time). Not that big of an issue but some people like the extra insurance.

i replaced the radiator in my car w/ a stock unit after 120k miles. it was starting to leak a bit from the neck. if you are going to keep your car a long time then the aluminum piece is nice because it's going to last forever.
                Chairman of the Bored--Live Sockets Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by allmotorking View Post
                  the advantage of the all aluminum radiator is that it doesn't have that plastic neck which tends to crack over time (granted a very long time). Not that big of an issue but some people like the extra insurance.

i replaced the radiator in my car w/ a stock unit after 120k miles. it was starting to leak a bit from the neck. if you are going to keep your car a long time then the aluminum piece is nice because it's going to last forever.
                  Plus, you get the bling factor

Comment

Use the best offer option on Ebay.
                    I buy mine for 210 free shipping
                    '88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
                    '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
                    '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
                    '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
                    '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
                    '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
                    '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
                    '66 VW Beetle

Comment

Or you could support a fellow e30 owner?

Comment

no doubt! I am considering ordering one of these... The stock radiator is generally sufficient, to answer someone else's query, however an AL item for not much more is certainly preferred. For over a decade, up until recently, an Aluminum radiator was $500-600
                        Mark Williams
                        Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

anyone from europe ordered one of these?

Would really like one, but last i checked, shipping costs was equal to the radiatorprice... That kinda blows.
                          Kind Regards
                          Christian

1988 BMW M3 Europameister #53 w. Schnitzer S3 2.5 Sport engine (Garage Queen)
                          1989 BMW 525i M20B25 GT42 (For Dragracing & Fun) :evilnah:
                          1984 BMW 323i Coupe project in progress...

Comment

anyone from europe ordered one of these?

Would really like one, but last i checked, shipping costs was equal to the radiatorprice... That kinda blows.
                            Kind Regards
                            Christian

1988 BMW M3 Europameister #53 w. Schnitzer S3 2.5 Sport engine (Garage Queen)
                            1989 BMW 525i M20B25 GT42 (For Dragracing & Fun) :evilnah:
                            1984 BMW 323i Coupe project in progress...

Comment

I want one of these, if it actually does increase cooling by 30% (eh maybe not but its nice to think so )
                              Can this radiator also be paired with a matching mishimoto radiator FAN? What size would fit in our cars, 10 or 12".. hm..
                              I just found out that my car is lacking a radiator fan.
                              Mr Deagle, do you have the radiator fans as well? How much for both shipped?
                              1988 E30 M3 / 2003 E46 M3 (Alpine White / Black) M Power!

Comment

Working...
                              X